ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another Aux belt snap

clio 182
First post on the site! I've been searching for information on this but cant seem to find what I'm looking for. Basically the aux belt has snapped/frayed, its still attached but has split. I know its common for it to take the cambelt out as well so I'm looking to see what condition it's in. I tried removing the oil cap and examining the cams and they appear to be turning. Is there an easy way of examing the belt itself or will that involve major dismantling? Car was bought from a dealer a few months ago and timing belt/water pump was done though I'm guessing they've left the aux belt so may not be liable in for any claims. Not looking forward to the inevitable hefty bill coming!

Any advice would be appreciated!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
don't turn it over until you have got the full belt off!! if you turn it over you are at risk if you haven't already done so of definitely killing it! - once the belt is off don't run it long as the waterpump runs off the aux.

pull the inlet manifold and exhaust manifold off and inspect, you will need a mirror/camera to see the exhaust valves obviously, not ideal but should give you an idea without pulling the head off