ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

andy_coops - Iceberg 172

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
can you not take a pic of it filthy for once? It always looks so clean and fresh!
Oh she's gonna get dirty this year - I haven't driven her as manic at work and the busted caliper meant she was sat being unloved for a few weeks. Need to collect some dead bugs and get those wheels black :smiley:
And the calipers are filthy - another cleaning job for the list...

That does indeed look super shiney shiney!! :grinning: I'm exactly the same, need to get my 182 out for a blast as it's also been sat for ages........ roads and weather are hopefully getting better now

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
That does indeed look super shiney shiney!! :grinning: I'm exactly the same, need to get my 182 out for a blast as it's also been sat for ages........ roads and weather are hopefully getting better now
Working until gone 5, birds singing. Made me smile :)

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Latest mod is a MAD footrest. Hardly ground breaking but for a tenner it's better than a piece of plastic. OMP wheel and Momo boss on their way so slightly more exciting update to follow :)
IMG_8119.JPG

You'll love that mate! Good choice getting a smaller steering wheel and the Momo boss is exactly the one to get. What size did you go for? The smaller wheel will take a little bit of getting used to but you'll soon be fine!

Sticking with silver throughout I see. I didn't know that wasn't standard as my car had one when I bought it.

Same! I thought that cover plate was standard too as mine also had one, but since taken it off

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
You'll love that mate! Good choice getting a smaller steering wheel and the Momo boss is exactly the one to get. What size did you go for? The smaller wheel will take a little bit of getting used to but you'll soon be fine!

Same! I thought that cover plate was standard too as mine also had one, but since taken it off
330mm mate. Feels spot on and can't wait to get it in :)

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Wheel fitted today with thanks to @lyrix for his help. I'm getting a custom horn badge made as the standard one doesn't do it for me but otherwise chuffed with the result :)

IMG_8224.JPG
IMG_8225.JPG

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Battery cover fitted today. Front bolt won't shift so left it for now. Need to fit replacement ECU cover now as it looks properly crap.

I also removed and painted the 2 screws at the top of the back bumper and cleaned up the area around - small silly job but why not lol.

Quick wash and sorted out the last bits in my garage. MOT due next month so need to replace a sidelight which packed up after about 2 months.

IMG_8345.JPG
IMG_8346.JPG
IMG_8334.JPG
IMG_8333.JPG
IMG_8347.JPG
IMG_8349.JPG

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Might have to copy that idea with the rear bumper screws :wink:

But looking smart mate, I see those show plates have turned up!
Copy away buddy!
Plates will be spot on once she's properly polished and I do some photography somewhere nice.

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
And 3 coats of silver. Looks ok from a distance lol. Leaving to harden then laquer, flat and polish.
IMG_8490.JPG

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
That's saved a few quid doing it yourself Andy, nice one...... shall await 'after' photos :up:
Thanks chap. I spent £2 on wet & dry and a big plastic dust sheet in Poundland, £8 on etch primer, had the paint, masking tape and masking paper already so a really cheap fix :D

Clio RS
2K component technology means 2-components, paint and hardener, in one spray paint can. The hardener is integrated in a separate container in the spray paint can. You need to activate the Hardener in the can buy opening a valve. Than you have to use the can completly during one day, better 12hours.
Its available for the clear coat. 2 component clear coat is very high chemical, petrol and weather resistant. 1K Clearcoat its not.
You can buy for example

http://www.spraymax.com/index.php?id=361&L=1

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Gotcha - I've used similar before on some wheels (2-part laquer) but this is a more standard approach :)

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Long week and glad it's done. Golf in for coating top-up and Rangie finished. Between
Coats I escaped for some fresh air and gave the Clio a quick wash down. Debating painting the cam cover today.
IMG_8523.JPG
IMG_8521.JPG
IMG_8516.JPG
IMG_8524.JPG

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
RS plates "fitted" - well old 3m tape removed and Velcro coins fitted to enable swapping. My apprentice helped out and waxed the Clio - first time and he's a natural lol.

IMG_8560.JPG
IMG_8559.JPG
IMG_8565.JPG
IMG_8567.JPG