ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Android Pie.

Seat Ibiza FR
The newest version of Android has recently been released called Android Pie. I have downloaded it on my Pixel 2 and it's going to take a bit of getting used to but there are some nice useful features like the battery percentage being visible without turning the screen on.
Anybody else using it yet? What are your thoughts?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
RIP multitasking (have to do an extra 2 presses to activate it)

New volume sliders are worse than the old ones (you could tap the drop down arrow and adjust any and all volumes before, now you can only do one at a time unless you go into settings)

Regression.png

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Not that keen so far, as Jeff says the volume controls are worse.

How do you close apps running in the background, previously you used to be able to tap clear all and i cant see that now. (Found it now, you have to scroll all the way to the left and it appears).

Battery usage at idle seems better, but when in use it drops quicker than i recall previously.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Another thing, pressing the volume rocker buttons now changes the media volume and not your notification/ringtone!

Very annoying.

Not keen on the app switcher extra step to split screen the animations are to fast

However the battery life on my pixel 2 is impressive since updating

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Another thing, pressing the volume rocker buttons now changes the media volume and not your notification/ringtone!

Very annoying.

I noticed that, don't like it.

The app switching/closing thing now seems more like an iPhone. I really hope that's not the way they're going. I bought a Pixel precisely because I don't like the way iOS does certain things.

Lost the cog when pulling down slider from top, needs pulled down twice now.

Have to press and hold bluetooth in the slide down tray to select device instead of the small writing underneath to switch between devices.

Bluetooth doesn't work for me anymore. Will not pair new devices and says passkey mismatch every time.

VPNs don't work now and say no internet connection.

What a fail.

Might end up back on an iPhone at this rate.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
The settings cog is annoying.

Bluetooth is worse on iOS (you can't access Bluetooth menu by holding the Bluetooth symbol)

Are you using an app for VPN? It's likely that it needs updating for Android 9. You'd have the same issue on iOS.

Just straight VPN in the network settings which also needs an extra tap to get to now. It's for viewing CCTV and some other internal via a web page.

Just gonna wipe it and start fresh see if that solves any isssues.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Just straight VPN in the network settings which also needs an extra tap to get to now. It's for viewing CCTV and some other internal via a web page.

Just gonna wipe it and start fresh see if that solves any isssues.
Yeah that sounds s**t.

Tbh I'm not very impressed with Google at the moment with their warranty process. I find it hard to fault their apps usually but their OS certainly isn't perfect...

Yeah that sounds s**t.

Tbh I'm not very impressed with Google at the moment with their warranty process. I find it hard to fault their apps usually but their OS certainly isn't perfect...

I know what you mean. Seems like a factory reset has solved the VPN issue. Will try bluetooth later and see if thats working now. It's just s**t you could do without tbh.