ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alloy Gators (or alternatives)

172 Cup
Wanting to add some protection to the alloys on my cupra.
Are the alloy Gators worth the money or the cheaper alternatives (rim blade etc) just as good?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
As said park better or get a refurb they are possibly the shittest mod you can do !

172 Cup

Attachments

• DSC_0904.JPG
    DSC_0904.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 37

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Nice mate.

Think it was @Herr Flick who had these fitted to a car and they weren’t obvious atall.

I may be wrong as I’m permanently tired lol

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Nice mate.

Think it was @Herr Flick who had these fitted to a car and they weren’t obvious atall.

I may be wrong as I’m permanently tired lol
You remember some weird s**t.

I fitted them for a customer. No idea if they work.
Black on black looked fine as you could barely see them but I would be doing them a different colour or any other chavvy s**t.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Seems they do work. I saw these on an astra at a show. They just saw "I can't park" to me.
e5d120d93e8832e25ffaad8de1412674.jpg

Zoom in and you'll see they are well used!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
As most have said, just don't park like muppet and there's no reason your alloys will ever get scuffed

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Left (silver gators so you couldnt see them) them on my wheels and when removed aftre 18months the clear coat had gone white, and raised off in several places.
Fab piece of kit in the dry, and good quality to protect the rims from scuffs
Ruined a set of wheels

Rimblades are better as they are a strong adhesive to the wheel rim, so no water gets behind and sits there. Altho they are a sacrificial product, once a kerbs been hit, they shred