ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alarm that goes of when car is touched

A sexy one
basiclly im sure these can be bought, a decent alarm that beeps when your close to it or if you touch the car? im sure iv been near cars before that beep :/ really want one as iv painted mine

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
So it beeps after someone scrapes up the side with a handbag after the damage is done !?

An alarm warning people to stay away won't stop the stupid/ignorant/clumsy ones unfortunately.

Evo 6, E92 320d
My mate has a viper system on his polo, if you get close the alarm beeps and the fob has a display that beeps and vibrates too, £700 it cost...

Clio 182 arctic
My mate has a viper system on his polo, if you get close the alarm beeps and the fob has a display that beeps and vibrates too, £700 it cost...
how paranoid would you be with it beeping and vibrating every time someone gets near it, some people on here wouldnt be able to cope.

Don't mean to hijack the thread but didn't want to start a new thread to ask a question. Does anyone know fi there are any MkIII clios that come with alarm as standard?

BMW M135i
Don't mean to hijack the thread but didn't want to start a new thread to ask a question. Does anyone know fi there are any MkIII clios that come with alarm as standard?

Mk3 being 2005-> they pretty much all come with the standard renault cobra affair.

Mk1 16v brooklands
basiclly im sure these can be bought, a decent alarm that beeps when your close to it or if you touch the car? im sure iv been near cars before that beep :/ really want one as iv painted mine

My mates got one on his 26k cosworth. His neighbour rang the police cos everytime he went near it it any off, so the police "apparently" asked him to disarm it... To which he laughed and said if my at gets nicked are you going to pay for it or tell the insurance 'we told Him to turn it off'

MK3 1.2 TCE
i had a clifford fitted on my old fiesta, £250 quid with a proximity sensor (which gives the beep when people are neer) but you have to keep your car interior free of coins/metal as it expands the proxi range (mine would beep if you walked even 5 yards neer it!)

but a good little allarm tho

clio mk1 RSI
I had a meta system on my 1st clio dont know the model but it had a shock sensor and also done the 3 beepes if you to close and went off if you touch it. I liked how it closed the windows when you armed it to handy feature , there cat1 approved to

grand checkee jeep
I was at a flea market and if you got 2 feet from the car it would say get away from me where can I get something like that

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
You found this thread after 8 years. An alarm from 1998 ISH will be no issue I'm sure.

I do remember those alarms. Imagine how many people will want to stand by your car lol

Years ago some dude & his family had a H reg metallic blue Cav GSi 2000 (which to us at the time may as well have been a Lamborghini, we thought it was the fastest thing on four wheels) The alarm would start to count down if you stood by the car for too long (I think it was some sort of Clifford with a proximity sensor) It would start at ten and count down, we'd all stand by it to see who could get to the lowest number without setting it off.
We did it weekly while he and his family were in church :ROFLMAO: as he'd always park it in the street outside next to our scouts place.
Good times!!