ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aircon recommissioning

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I'm ticking off the list of things that need doing to my 172, next up is the non existent aircon. Theres no pressure in it and the radiator looks pretty past it, the fins fall away if you sneeze on them.

Has anyone on here successfully resurrected their ac that could point me in the right direction as to what to do to get it going?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Replace the condenser and the drier, then take it to get filled and see what happens.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Get it filled with the dye in and find the leaks, and fix. I had mine filled up recently and it fired straight up ice cold, they forgot to put the dye in so need to get it redone, lasted 3 weeks though. Id bet its the condenser leaking, as above replace that if its looking sketchy

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I bought a 172 that had an engine replacement at some point and the harsh place that done it just cut all the air con pipes out.
I got a new set of pipework from a brakers, fitted it all, got it leak tested, got it gassed up and it worked perfectly

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
There is a chance it will work then if its be left empty for a while? Aren't Kwikfit regasses free if they dont work too? That might be a best first step

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
If you need a decent-ish condenser then drop me a message as I've got one you can have for nowt🙂
Ah cheers mate, youre in Leeds right? my brother in law and sister in law live just off Kirkstall road in Leeds if you are so I could either get one of them to collect it or when I'm up next I could collect it if you've still got all it.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Ah cheers mate, youre in Leeds right? my brother in law and sister in law live just off Kirkstall road in Leeds if you are so I could either get one of them to collect it or when I'm up next I could collect it if you've still got all it.
Work in Leeds (Gelderd Road) but I'm just off J40 of the M1 mate