ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag went off!

Clio 182
Hi folks,

So a few months ago I was driving to work with my mate in the car, went to ping a fag out the window and cleverly managed to hit the grass kerb (was probably doing about 60 at the time). Left side airbag deployed and deafened my poor passenger for a couple minutes, car was fine otherwise so had been driving it round with the stitching on the seat burst regardless.

Anyway, it's coming round to MOT time and I suspect I'll need to get this airbag light cleared, other than fitting a new seat and mount will I be able to just stitch up the seat and fit a resistor somewhere? Haven't done this before so any suggestions or advice would be very welcome.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Will need the airbag ecu resetting. It's under the centre console plastic in front of the handbrake i think.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Hi folks,

So a few months ago I was driving to work with my mate in the car, went to ping a fag out the window and cleverly managed to hit the grass kerb (was probably doing about 60 at the time). Left side airbag deployed and deafened my poor passenger for a couple minutes, car was fine otherwise so had been driving it round with the stitching on the seat burst regardless.

Anyway, it's coming round to MOT time and I suspect I'll need to get this airbag light cleared, other than fitting a new seat and mount will I be able to just stitch up the seat and fit a resistor somewhere? Haven't done this before so any suggestions or advice would be very welcome.

Get a new front seat from someone on here, I don’t know if it’ll be easier just to buy a second hand airbag computer, or if that’s even possible...

Goes to show smoking takes away more concentration than you may realise!

Clio 182
Will need the airbag ecu resetting. It's under the centre console plastic in front of the handbrake i think.
Is there a specific control unit for the airbags or do you just mean to access the OBDII port?

Get a new front seat from someone on here, I don’t know if it’ll be easier just to buy a second hand airbag computer, or if that’s even possible...

Goes to show smoking takes away more concentration than you may realise!

Probably true, same could be said for changing your radio station though! I think I'd prefer to exhaust all other possibilities before going down the new seat route.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Is there a specific control unit for the airbags or do you just mean to access the OBDII port?

Probably true, same could be said for changing your radio station though! I think I'd prefer to exhaust all other possibilities before going down the new seat route.

Coming from someone that tried, stitching it up I hard work and doesn’t look great. You’ve got a 182 right? To get hold a new seat is peanuts.. you’d get a pair for £100 easy

Clio 182
Alright, quick update to the thread, ordered some resistors and have soldered them in - I also got the airbag ecu fault cleared, but it looks like it might have returned.

Can someone confirm I've joined the correct cores? I definitely didn't mix up the purples, I cut off the plugs one at a time

h9uZe7xl.jpg