ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice on a 182 FF keeper regarding mods

ajracer

ClioSport Club Member
Hi guys. After buying my car I'm getting the itch to modify again. This is a car I'm going to keep for a while so I don't want to c**k it up as it's an unmolested clean car.
I've already put a carbon spitter and a full miltek system on her and now the wheels look really shabby(refurb£300,Turinis look amazing),and also the standard seats as good as they are they don't offer the support and modern look the Trendline Recaros have.
Am I being stupid to fork out all this on a 3k car or should I just crack on and enjoy what I have already?
Crossroads time. Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks Andy

More standard the better in terms of resale imho.

Keep all the standard parts to retro fit if you're gonna modify.

mart.z.s

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi A3 2.0T Quattro
Those mods you mentioned are swappable and so I don’t personally see trendlines, turinis etc as dead money. You will get all of your outlay back on those if you wanted to put back to standard. That’s what I’ve just done with my cup.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah as the other said you're not planning anything irreversible so crack on. If you're planning on keeping the car a long time then there's no reason to not make it how you like it. I've had mine just over 3 years and it's changed a lot more than I ever expected it would but unless a ridiculous deal on a new megane drops in my lap I don't think I'll let the Clio go!

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
How long is a while? 10years? If so you might as well make it as you want it. In the long run you’ll probably save money rather than losing money buying and selling cars.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Do what you want, you won't negatively effect the value of the car unless you're doing something pretty drastic, by then you probably won't care anyway.

ajracer

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks guys. I've really fell for this little car and to be honest I probably wont ever sell it.
After many years in the Jap mod scene I probably need to give myself a talking too! Lol.
With the Clio I don't want to modify it just to turn up at a show and be different,I want to pick the best stock parts from the 182 model that you guys have fitted to enhance the handling and looks.
Anyone got a set of turinis,trendlines,a Black Gold bonnet,snappy wheel..........
Please don't tell the wife!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
disagree, trendlines i find for my body shape provide loads more lumbar and lateral support over standard seats.

i have just come back from a weekend in Scotland too, 700 miles total in 10 hours of driving.....fresh as a daisy at the end of it.

MattRS182

ClioSport Club Member
  #3 PH2 172 Flamer
disagree, trendlines i find for my body shape provide loads more lumbar and lateral support over standard seats.

i have just come back from a weekend in Scotland too, 700 miles total in 10 hours of driving.....fresh as a daisy at the end of it.

Yeah I think different body shapes makes the decision

Saying all that, when i source the right 182 I'll be getting a pair haha

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Trendlines, meh?.
IMG_20190623_171500.jpg

Clio 182
I'm in the same boat, hoping to keep it stock but tidy up the car.

I'm after same bits as you are too :) wheels, steering wheel etc

Ive just ordered new bolts on ebay to replace the rusted bolts on the airfilter, bumpers etc with new stainless steel.

Clio 182 | Standard Spec

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
There's a set on eBay for £900 or open to offers, even they have bolster wear on them!
Those Clio ones don't look that bad! Their was a set full of holes on for 750 not long back! If you can go for universal fit ones, Clio 3 one's need new bases to fit a 182 and they also are not cheap!

ajracer

ClioSport Club Member
While the standard seats are quite comfy they aren’t very high at the back and offer little support if cornering hard. I will be tracking the car next year with a few hill climb events so maybe I need to meet up with someone local to me and sit in a trendline before I buy. I’ve got Cobra Misanos in the Zed which are not that comfortable on long journeys but offer bucket seat levels of support.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
If I was aiming for hillclimb etc I definitely wouldn't be looking at trendline, they just about cope for one trackday ish a year. The above sportsters are a much better seat.... but do cost a few quid and normally need a repair to be mint

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Trendlines are great, i find them comfy and support is decent, get a megane pair and runners to suit. Defo more comfy than Recaro cs, they are arse achers on a run !

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
The CS are less padded than trendlines but I've had no discomfort from them. What suits you depends on your build too, the CS are quite narrow especially on the base. The corsa vxr ones are worth a look as the base bolsters on them aren't as deep or narrow.

mart.z.s

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi A3 2.0T Quattro
I really like the trendlines to look at but they gave me back ache through cornering at the weekend as I didn’t feel supported. I couldn’t do many trackdays in them but then again that’s not really what they are for. They weren’t too bad on a run.

ajracer

ClioSport Club Member
Sound like I’m in the same situation as the Z. There is no all round seat which supports,is comfy,looks good, lightweight etc. Compromise is the way forward. Thanks guys.

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
I went with the well trodden OEM+ look with a black gold. I still have the car but it’s not been put into more of a track day car.

I loved how it looked but I think it was just the wrong clio to put that kind of stuff on. If it was more sound mechanically and a bit nicer then it would have been nice.

62ac8f45bfe530785d5f061e07977047.jpg

c5379d6275c3388849fa53e452c638ee.jpg

f95ada16766238027e3f4691f1a583bf.jpg

I would echo what others have said about the trend lines. They are a great looking seat but I found them less comfortable and supportive than the standard seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk