ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AD08R being discontinued?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
As above really. Someone mentioned on the FB pages (when I was on them) that AD08R are being replaced and so won't be available soon.

So before they do I want to try them after hearing they're pretty much one of the best all rounders for a track car/fast road.

Is this the case? If so, I might order a set in for when I eventually kill these ZZr's (@JB21 - the Avons still going strong! I must be far too much of a fanny on the tyres!?)

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Really are a cracking tyre mate. Impressed me massively on track in my old Megane R26, and much better than Nankang NS2R's which I used previously! (although still a very good tyre)

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Yeah every review pits them against the ns2r and every review says they're a different league. Not sure they'll be as sticky as the zzr but better for me so I don't have to buy rainsports for a wet day as the yokos can cope easily I hear

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Think I'll invest. Book it in for a couple of months for when my bro gets back

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Tyres make or break a track day too, thus making the cost of a td, vfm or waste of money. Man maths

Decent all rounder @Danith. Need a bit of heat on the road but no real issues, grip of a decent midrange tyre cold and really are good with heat on the road. My real suprise was how good they where in the damp/light rain on track, no drama whatsoever. For me they lacked on a dry track where they soon reached the limit of grip and started to squeal and understeer hence why i had them as road/wets.

Just got a pair of ZZR in 225/45/16 for the rear of the Celica. Looking forward to trying them at Aintree.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Decent all rounder @Danith. Need a bit of heat on the road but no real issues, grip of a decent midrange tyre cold and really are good with heat on the road. My real suprise was how good they where in the damp/light rain on track, no drama whatsoever. For me they lacked on a dry track where they soon reached the limit of grip and started to squeal and understeer hence why i had them as road/wets.

Just got a pair of ZZR in 225/45/16 for the rear of the Celica. Looking forward to trying them at Aintree.
Off the same buyer? He selling again?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
If they do get discontinued why not get Toyo T1-R instead [emoji13]

On second thoughts...
Ha I don't get the hate for them! I've had them on my first 328 sport and they were a billion times better than the budgets on before.
Track car no, but everyday I really don't get the hate apart from being a bit soft.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
They'll surely replace them with something else just as good? Heard of people getting 4 tyres for 200 in 195/50/15. Makes me think about getting 4 new tyres on my new wheels and selling these wheels with tyres still on

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
5FC36F36-2971-421A-8F09-7947C71EECBB.png

220. Date of tyres 44/17 iirc

Ha I don't get the hate for them! I've had them on my first 328 sport and they were a billion times better than the budgets on before.
Track car no, but everyday I really don't get the hate apart from being a bit soft.

Lol, I think it does depend on the car but they were truly dangerous on my cup even with 6mm of tread all round. I replaced them with continentals that only had 3mm of tread and all the handling issues were gone. Replaced those with Rainsports and they’ve been fine too. I’d never go near T1R’s again as they had dangerous tendencies in the wet and dry

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy

Lol, I think it does depend on the car but they were truly dangerous on my cup even with 6mm of tread all round. I replaced them with continentals that only had 3mm of tread and all the handling issues were gone. Replaced those with Rainsports and they’ve been fine too. I’d never go near T1R’s again as they had dangerous tendencies in the wet and dry
Tyres really are the most influential part of a car's handling and totally user specific.
It was a long time ago and they only replaced sunnys!

Makes me lolz when I see someone spend a bomb on all the blingy bits and coils etc, then chucks a set of davantis on

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
handle 535 BHP well.

The most cockney car vid ive seen since dick tv! ha.

That thing is quality. Love how it still sounds like a R32 from the back as sometimes turbo ruins the car's sound. The gearchange in it is savage!

dan's cast offs.
not heard anything about them being dropped? also jordan was posting before about starting to sell them again.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
not heard anything about them being dropped? also jordan was posting before about starting to sell them again.

Usual FB helmets talking s**t again then probs. Its been good not going on there to be honest this last month. who's Jordan?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Usual FB helmets talking s**t again then probs. Its been good not going on there to be honest this last month. who's Jordan?

Jordan Beets I think, used to sell them a lot last year. Was slightly cheaper than Ben too. He's on about doing it again in talks with suppliers.

I've not heard anything about them being stopped. Probably a similar rumour to the Dunlop DZ03G being no longer made, they're still readily available.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Jordan Beets I think, used to sell them a lot last year. Was slightly cheaper than Ben too. He's on about doing it again in talks with suppliers.

I've not heard anything about them being stopped. Probably a similar rumour to the Dunlop DZ03G being no longer made, they're still readily available.

Quality mate, how do I get hold of Jordan for a price? is he on here?