ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Action Cams? Gopro?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Can anyone help me with some simple info?!

I want to get a Gopro or similar for trackdays on my bike but not really sure where to look as there seems to be a million different models. I want something really easy to just stick on and press go, not worried about millions of fancy settings etc.

Are the cheap ones any good / good enough? Don't really want to spend £300...

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Whatever you get, you'll need a 1080 or better unit + 60fps or higher so you can sort some tasty slow-mo.

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
I bought an sj4000 cam and mounted it on the fuel tank. Picture was good but sound was atrocious. I mounted it to the chin on my helmet and again the sound was terrible but better than before. It only cost me 60 quid but I am tempted to try a gopro.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Got a couple of SJ Cams. They're alright. Never really done a back-to-back comparison with a GoPro, but can't complain for the money.

I'd like to buy something better really, as I want something that can take an audio input from my intercom, but it seems a bit of a minefield really.

I was tempted to buy an SJCAM M20, they seem to get good reviews and missed one on eBay that went for £40. I don’t think I could justify spending £300+ for what I’d use one for.

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
I think I'll get a Go Pro early next year and try and sort out an external mic setup. Seems the only way to get decent sound, especially on a bike.