ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Action Cameras

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I have no idea about what specs are essential with these.
Basically want one to take on holiday to use when snorkelling/scuba diving and general out and about recording.

Quick Google brought up this as very well reviewed and at a good price.
Screenshot_20190302-172933.jpg

Guessing Go Pro is the Apple of this world as they are ludicrously expensive in comparison.

Any help appreciated.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
As with anything.. you get what you pay for...

First two 4/5* reviews suggested some major flaws and both had replacement units/refunds.

You'll be pissed when you get home and find the whole things corrupted or is inside out and you lost all your holiday footage.

Buy a second hand GoPro ?! I'm sure plenty of people on here would sell theirs or there might be someone to lend you it for a couple of weeks...

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Valid point, was just a quick Google and it was at the top of the list.

Time to research which Go Pro will accomodate my needs for as little outlay as possible.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Go Pro Hero Session for sale locally at a good price.

Anyone any experience with one of these?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
As in the little cube one?

I use mine all the time. Apart from the phone app, which you need to set it up, being a little clunky I can't really fault it.

Yep, Single button On/Off.
Waterproof.

Off to the Maldives later in the year and fancy just seeing what I can record whilst in and out of the sea etc.

Can't really justify £200+ on one with what the wedding and honeymoon is costing.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Or there is a Hero 3+ Black Edition with extra battery and a few other bits for not much more than the session.

Or if you want to use it in your car and capture stats (rpm, speed etc) then the Garmin Virb's are worth a look. Get a bluetooth OBD dongle, pair them and then overlay car metrics to your hearts content. Not quite so abundant as GoPros, but still plenty about.

I have an older Virb XE model and it's good enough for me and I hook it into sensors on my mountain bike too.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Bought the 2nd hand Hero Session today and the seller had a dog harness so strapped it to my energetic Spaniel this afternoon, Obviously the image is quite shaky at times but otherwise fairly impressed.

Have a holiday at the start of May so will try it in the pool and if its not upto the job will see if I can convince her to let me upgrade.

Probably help info had a laptop to edit the videos but baby steps in case I barely use it.