ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

From 1.2 to 172

RS 200 CUP
So just over a week ago I picked up my first Clio Sport - a 2004 172 in Iceberg silver from a member on here and wanted to keep a log of the changes, fixes and upgrades that I do along the way. The car will be my daily in October so I have a few months to do anything that will need to take it off the road. Heres a few little pics from before i purchased it:
IMG_2964.JPG IMG_3663.PNG IMG_3665.PNG IMG_3666.PNG IMG_3668.PNG
Its a lovely car and I thoroughly enjoyed the 3 hour drive back home in it but it also has a couple of things I want to sort out.

• First off and partly the reason I got this car at a good price is the cracked front passenger wing where some tool drove into it on a supermarket. Replacement wing is on its way though so I will be changing this soon.
  • Bonnet struggles to open even after cleaning and greasing the catch - I'm thinking alignment issues. (cable is fine and everything looks to be working correctly when open)
  • I've already replaced the aerial with a 5cm one from amazon - looks nice and signal quality isn't something that concerns me as I don't listen to the radio.
  • Camo vinyl has now come off (sorry Steve) because I decided it would look nicer without and will give me chance to put my own stamp on the car.
  • Kenwood headunit is out as I want to put my bluetooth one from my 1.2 in it.
  • GAZ rear coilovers will be sent off for a refurb after payday.
  • OZF1 wheels are virtually immaculate and therefore staying.
  • Liking the OMP steering wheel, just need to sort the airbag and serv light out.
  • Theres a few scrapes, chips and scratches on the bodywork that I want to sort before october.
  • Sub and AMP ready to fit as soon as I get the spare alloys out of the back (nowhere else to put them, trying to sell).
  • 12v socket doesn't work but I want to change this for a USB socket anyway so will get that sorted.
  • Car currently has a Sigma S series alarm system but not currently enabled and came with no fob so if anybody has any suggestions to sort that I would appreciate it, would like to get it working and get a fob for it.
  • Theres still the 6 disc CD changer under the passenger seat which I will probably take out.
  • I also want to remove seat spacers to improve driving position.
  • Engine bay will be cleaned up, painted where needed and maybe new induction kit.
  • Decat is very loud but I like the sound so that won't be changed for now.
  • Hoping to get a remap at some point as I've heard it can sort the flat spot caused by the decat? Not chasing figures or anything like that
I think that's all for now, I welcome any suggestions or advice and can't wait to start driving it!

The car how it currently looks:
20170530_082440.jpg

RS 200 CUP
Just a little update from the nice weekend we've just had. Finally got around to changing the cracked wing for one I got off @stevem42 a few weeks ago. Looks far better now and managed to change it without taking the side skirts off :D

next decision is what to do about the paintwork as theres a few scuffs, chips ans dents I want sorting so I need to see how much it will cost to get someone out to do that. Alternatively I fill/smooth them and get it wrapped but I've had some high quotes to do this so maybe not...
Any recommendations for either of these options in or around Staffordshire?

RS 200 CUP
Oh I've also got the bonnet catch aligned properly so that works and got the adhesive off the roof that was left from the camo vinyl.
Original wheels are now out of the boot and on my 1.2 that i currently use daily as it needed new tyres anyway so this was cheaper and less hassle.
Currently got no spare wheel so I'm deciding whether to get one or just get some tyre weld and make some use of the space where the spare was?

RS 200 CUP
How do most people secure their ph1 airbox? I've used cable ties for now but this is a very short term solution. Also, can anybody link me to the plastic screws that should be in place where I've used cable ties either side of the bonnet catch (can you tell I work in IT?)
7a911b950b150be4cd76954c73c06283.jpg

RS 200 CUP
Cigarette lighter replaced with usb ports as part of my plan to modernise the car a little bit.
fbef0c0a490e1d7dca87668db082846e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

RS 200 CUP
You can see in the pic that it uses a bracket and a strap , which I might add are rocking horse s**t nowadays .
You need one of those
View attachment 194534
Ahh so that's what was missing. Not to worry anyway as I now have a fatty style induction kit with the filter behind passenger headlight. Seems to be a few other brackets missing in the engine bay too so might have to start trying to source some

RS 200 CUP
Fatty sounds great also ;)
Unfortunately haven't taken it out for a spin since fitting it because the temporary insurance company I use have decided that my 172 is a van and they don't cover commercial vehicles...

RS 200 CUP
Not much has happened lately but with CSF not far away I have a few plans that I want to get done in time.
First up is getting the pioneer headunit from my 1.2 installed along with a stealthbox sub in the boot and amp which will most likely go under the passenger seat when I take the CD changer out. Rear wiper is coming off and hole plugged until I get a proper blanking plate for it. Badges are getting sprayed in black plastidip and possibly the wing mirrors too but undecided.
Possibly taking out the rear seats too but as nobody seems to want them they would have to be scrapped which seems like a waste (i have no storage). Finally will be giving it a good clean inside and out ready to get it dirty again.

Any suggestions welcome :)

RS 200 CUP
Quick update from the weekend - finally got around to sending the rear shocks off to GAZ for a service so should get them back and fitted by end of next week (ss this simple enough to do by myself?). Cup spoiler purchased from someone on the facebook group - its black and my car is silver but im going to see how it looks before i mess around getting it sprayed. I think royal mail tried to deliver my bits from Diamond Performance at the weekend but I wasn't in so now I need to wait until Tuesday... worth it for some lovely carbon fibre goodies that I got with my voucher that I won on the raffle at CSF (I was that guy that won 4 times, sorrynotsorry). 1 month today until I can get it insured and start using it :D

RS 200 CUP
Some pictures coming soon... black cup spoiler on and will be staying black because i really like it :D
Car is finally in use as my daily as of today. Been waiting for 6 months as it wasn't realistic to insure until i got my first year no claims discount.
Props to brentacre for being very helpful and very cheap compared to other insurers I looked at. Will take some pictures when I get chance, quite happy with it right now!

RS 200 CUP
So when I got the car the heating was working fine but recently I get nothing. The display works but when I try to turn on the fans I just hear a click and get nothing. I'm hoping that it's just the resistor pack but just need the time to check. Still thinking of changing my wheels and maybe getting some spacers on there. Other that that I'm just enjoying using the car for now and saving some money to get a few jobs done on it next year.

RS 200 CUP
Ended up in the middle of a 5 car accident on the A500 this morning. I'm very bruised and sore but mainly just gutted that the car I've had sat on my drive and worked on for 6 months has gone after less that a month of driving it :( need to decide what to do next, I don't have a lot of money and I don't know how long until I get anything from my insurance company...

G Hut

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, V90 T8
Ended up in the middle of a 5 car accident on the A500 this morning. I'm very bruised and sore but mainly just gutted that the car I've had sat on my drive and worked on for 6 months has gone after less that a month of driving it 😧 need to decide what to do next, I don't have a lot of money and I don't know how long until I get anything from my insurance company...
Oh man at least you are okay.... bloody annoying after all that work and hope you get paid out okay, assume that audi pushed you into the car infront