ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ronald's BG RS Megane 175dCi

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
***Update***

GW clio went last week and has been replaced by a RenaultSport Megane 175dCI (see later in thread)

***Update***

After the below Racing blue was written off (detailed later in the thread) I purchased a GW200 which you will see later in the thread)

As many of you already know I picked this up the day before yesterday.

No real big plans. Maybe a steering wheel refurb and put the wheels back to anthracite.

The paint is swirled to f**k but I haven't got time to give it a proper correction so it'll have to wait until the weather warms up a bit.
IMG_9919.JPG
IMG_9921.JPG
IMG_9922.JPG
IMG_9924.JPG
IMG_9926.JPG

Last edited:

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Definitely recommend the H&R springs and spacers Ronald :up:

I might look at springs...

That's lovely mate. A RB 200 would be the only Clio to tempt me back out of German. H&R springs and a little spoiler for the bootlid. Lovely.

Awaits the 'OMG no Recaros, what were you thinking' comments...

Cheers :up:
I am considering a spoiler but £300+ seems a bit steep. Maybe in a couple months time.

I really wanted an RB but there just wasn't any about with Recaros. I'm not majorly fussed. These seats are comfy enough.

Yeah lowz and spacers like @Christopher UR.

Looks great. How does it drive in comparison to the clio of old,

Cheers mate. Completely different to the 182. Feels luxurious in comparison.

Is it wrong that I like Stuke winglets?

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
H&R spacers and some springs will make that sit proper nice.

You say you won't do anything to it.
However give it a year ;) after seeing a few other people's and I bet it will have all sorts done. :)

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
so tempted! Megane for track and a clio 200 for day to day. think I say that about every car tho

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I'd have to have the recaros if I got one though (and brembos - not sure if they all came with brembos?)

330ci sold quick didn't it?! Was a pearler that

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Lovely. f**k getting spacers, springs etc. Best thing about these cars is the handling. Brilliant out of the box, leave well alone.

Standard seats are great, I had a recaro I sourced in my 200, ended up selling and going back to standard.

Clio 197
Lovely. f**k getting spacers, springs etc. Best thing about these cars is the handling. Brilliant out of the box, leave well alone.

Standard seats are great, I had a recaro I sourced in my 200, ended up selling and going back to standard.
I agree. I'm not the biggest guy but I just about found a position which is comfortable in the recaros. There will come a point where i'll outgrow them unfortunately.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Nice, best colour by far! Needs the spoiler to finish it off IMO.

Exactly this...standard seats don't earn you internet cool pointz but they're more than adequate and you get no bolster wear. Also it's such a shame that Renault cover the steering wheels in layers of leather with the resilience of clingfilm...my 200 wheel at 42k miles was peeling all over yet my ST wheel at 61k still looks and feel like new!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Love it Ron don, nice colour. I do like the black wheels and it ties in with the rest of the black on the car, although speedlines suit it lovely aswell.

Isn't the Elia or GT spoiler quite cheap?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Looking good Ronald. Deffo get the wheels in anth, they look lost in black. It's missing a sticker too.

@Brian posted a couple from the CS mansion yesterday :up:

Love it Ron don, nice colour. I do like the black wheels and it ties in with the rest of the black on the car, although speedlines suit it lovely aswell.

Isn't the Elia or GT spoiler quite cheap?

Cheers mate. I don't mind the black wheels but anthracite just looks better imo.

I'll look for prices for a GT spoiler but I think they have to be butchered to get them on due to the bootlid being different on cars with the GT spoiler fitted.