ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio number 10, RB 182 Cup

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Well following on from selling the flamer for a R53 Mini Cooper S I lasted days before wanting another clio! But having had Ph1s for pretty much ever I thought it was a good chance to try a newer one but if I was to then it had to be RB. Had a good look at another few colours as well a bit more local but my mind was made up.

So yesterday I left work early and got the train down to near Leeds to meet @bashracing and picked up this, the first few pics are all his

8087D84F-CA6E-46D0-BE05-09E4866FF52E_zpss37vxp5x.jpg

08E8A79C-1268-463F-A83D-2282F4203007_zpslyq6ymva.jpg

5188621C-1029-407E-A388-5054E1D1BB98_zpsonmkhgli.jpg

33C30CB8-728F-4C58-B4EC-B4EA890A9F93_zpshahe9kv5.jpg

5AB50828-5D6D-4355-824E-790B2C093D1E_zpsr5nu9smi.jpg

0767A05A-16A3-4C3D-A891-6C367060F472_zpstbqsbbyr.jpg

And the current spec is
  • CamBelt Dephaser and Water pump replaced on the 31/01/14 by DDC with receipt
  • OZ f1's with Toyo R1R on the front and AD08 on the rear all with 5-6mm remaining
  • Brand new Genuine Renault cup shocks with new top mounts
  • Brand new Eibach Sportlines springs
  • Air Con delete using the 172 cup Alternator set up with new belt
  • Low mileage Full Fat 182 interior in mint condition
  • Brand new Valeo clutch kit
  • Scenic shifter set up with Quaife gear knob
  • Full Stainless exhaust with a silenced de cat
  • 129,000 miles
After the 200+ mile drive home last night in all weathers its not looking quite so clean today!

277895A9-28DA-48D6-97C7-D807353C13DB_zpsgvfqmdf9.jpg

E5FC6BEA-17D7-437C-91AB-06181AFDBBDC_zps8nnmwrtx.jpg

6673FC54-3C05-4737-9430-9E78F622DF67_zpsttk8srdt.jpg

Looking after my daughter today so play time is severely reduced, that and it keeps on snowing! All I've done so far is remove that door protector, the Sony HU and the 3M wrap on the hazard panel

3ACA7163-6FF6-4751-B936-EEF5E151D465_zpsy8jcveo0.jpg

DAC709B3-2444-4FFA-AACF-559B7859FD9B_zpshjfgmfzw.jpg

Got a few plans for it and will probably sell some bits of it on too.

So the bits I'm selling will be a RB engine cover, carbon fibre dash trims and rear wiper surround, spacers and the door badges. The wheels and tyres will also be going back to Dave, I really don't need an 8th set! And if anyone wants the stereo they can come to my house with some beer and take it away!

What I'd like to do to it in no particular order but probably cheapest things first
  • splitter
  • new gear gaiter
  • re position the shifter so it sits further back and closer to me
  • fit my Alpine bluetooth stereo
  • replace the bits that I'm selling above
  • get my anthracite willys refurbed so they're in good nick and put them on
  • Sabelt, preferbly get an old tatty one and get it refurbed in leather
  • ph1 stalk and wiper stalk with the intermittent speed adjuster
  • and eventually rear cage, buckets and harnesses
We'll see how it goes though, need to sell the mini before I do anything that costs money to it!

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Hi john, was looking at the flamer the other day at Stu's, very nice mate and drives an pulls very well...... Hopefully this will be no different, can wait to see it at knockhill.

RB was my choice before the trophy turned up..... They just look special!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Nice, shame it's not an FF, not sure if that's what you wanted anyway!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Very nice you big Ghey x

Thanks babes x

Nice, shame it's not an FF, not sure if that's what you wanted anyway!

Wasn't too fussed tbh, I hate auto wipers and xenons are easier to add than they are to remove! 182 cups seem a really weird spec, it has cruise control ffs!

Couple of things I want to add but already have as well are silvervisions for the front (will take them back from the mini, they were in the flamer!) and fit the whiteline thats in my shed, also from the flamer.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi john, was looking at the flamer the other day at Stu's, very nice mate and drives an pulls very well...... Hopefully this will be no different, can wait to see it at knockhill.

RB was my choice before the trophy turned up..... They just look special!

Sorry missed that. Cheers, I'll always miss that car! For a basically standard car it always went well!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Can't help myself, sat in the house bored after putting the wee one to bed so nipped out and removed the alpine from the mini and refitted the standard one and then fitted the Alpine to the RB. It's only minus 2 and pitch black. I need a better hobby.

Really nice this, i was looking at it a while ago and debated going to see it as i only live 20 mins away from it and then it went. So going to see another RB on saturday with first refusal, dont want to miss out again!! Love the colour!
Good luck with it, looks like a great motor!

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
It's longer so makes reach easier @jesus

Apparently makes it feel much better. There is a kind of group buy going for them

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Nice buy, John.

Never understood why these were only 20kg's lighter than normal 182's.. Thats half a tank of fuel lol.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Aye there's f**k all cup about them! Seems to have tar sound deadening unlike a 172 cup as well. This one at least has the ac delete like a proper one and the nicer ff seats so it's a pretty decent compromise for me. The lack of auto wipers is a bonus in my eyes!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Soon enough bro.

You happy with it? Pulls well?

Shame you sold that old leather sabelt of yours. There is a nearly new one in excellent condition with momo boss and stalk in the sale section for £185.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm sure it will be Dan, just a shame it's sheet ice out so I've still not actually driven it since getting it home!

Done a few wee things to it today but I'll update later when I have pics of it all

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Hard to say Martin, only done 200 odd miles in it. I knew the flamer inside out and obviously don't have that yet. Seems to pull well though but how much of that is shorter gearing I don't know.

Thanks Lou, it seems a love or hate colour to non car folk so far!

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
You got a price in mind ? Glad you understood engine car lol, if you need an undamaged unpainted one you can have mine, I suspect you have a few thou lol

Last edited: