ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

7.5J, 8.5J, ET 30, ET 40???

BG 182 & 225 T
Looking at some wheels for my BG 182, and wondering if people can explain what the 'J' and 'ET' means and the pros and cons of the different sizes!!

liking the 16" 3sdm 0.05 rims!!

BG 182 & 225 T
Dammit, that's giving me more to think about now haha!! Do you happen to know the J and ET of standard alloys?

LY FF182
J is just referring to the shape of the rim where the tyre beed fits.. ET is an abriviation of a German word for offset basically. The number after it is the measurement in MM, and measured from the centre line of the wheel to the mounting face on the wheel. ET43 means the mounting face where the wheel touches the hub is 43mm towards the outer edge from the centre of the rim. ET0 would mean the mounting face is central to the rim.

BG 182 & 225 T
Kinda understand it a bit better now cheers!! Do you know the offset of standard sport alloys? Realise there 7J anyway, and the hub centre is 60.1 so I believe?

172 cup
I don't think they would fit. I have some 7.5j et30 wheels and they are level with the arch. These will stick out a far way past the arch

BG 182 & 225 T
The et on them is 20 and 25, so would they not be flatter to the hub? Like et 30 would stick out more, and as above the standard alloys are 43 and they fit good

172 cup
No you've got it the wrong way, the lower the et the more towards or past the arch they sit. For example the standard 172 are et 42 and the cup turini are et38 which sit further out in the arch