ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5 GT Turbo wheels

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hopeless at getting any power down and 13's don't always fill the handling with confidence lol.

I pretty much threw a set away, can't believe what parts are selling for now even without the centre caps. Original seats and grills to name a few earners!

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
17   0   0
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Centre caps are so rate for these.

But yes you're so right about parts Chris.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aren't they hard to find tyres for too ?

Talking of R5's I saw a not new rear Renault 5 badge sell for £50 on eBay as they'd put GT Turbo etc in the title. The bloke who didn't only sold his one for a fiver!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aren't they hard to find tyres for too ?

Yea finding decent tyres for 13's has been a pain for ages, few options still around but not much new to the market so it's old favourites.
Yoko A048R is plenty sticky, but pretty sketchy in the wet.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  T.Turbo
Parts prices went supersonic a while back. Original sized 195/55/13 are only available from vintage tyres now at £££

Still plenty of 185/60/13 around though which is next best & a few semi slick options. A048 or R888R are both decent, can get the power down quite well with 200+ hp in the dry.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
These alloys matched with 888s put the power down just fine.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just about to advertise the Spax lowering springs I found off the GT turbo I sold about 16 years ago as I'm moving soon so having a clear out.

I'm sure I've got a box somewhere with most of a bottom end in it, pistons, liners, camshaft, oil pump, etc. Is that lot likely to be worth anything?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was just about to advertise the Spax lowering springs I found off the GT turbo I sold about 16 years ago as I'm moving soon so having a clear out.

I'm sure I've got a box somewhere with most of a bottom end in it, pistons, liners, camshaft, oil pump, etc. Is that lot likely to be worth anything?

Yes, I would of given my left nut for that lot when my engine popped.

If it’s all low mileage and not damaged I will put you in touch with a man that builds fresh engines that would make a fair offer. Even better if you have the crank ?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll try and dig it out in the next day or so and have a look, I think the conrods are all there but not sure about the crank. I know I binned the block a few years ago as it was in the way ?

I'm a bit of a hoarder, I found a load of Cavalier Gsi bits too!

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
17   0   0
  A Yellow One
I’ve got a spare set of these with alloy centre caps somewhere I think... looks like they’ve been quite a good investment, I bought them for £50!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just got back from digging it all out and I had more bits than I thought, no crank though and unfortunately one of the pistons has scored the liner.

20190210_191436.jpg20190210_191655.jpg