ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

330i .net

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Agreed. Problem with sparkling graphite is that they didn’t do it as an LCI colour therefore you need to get everything painted which fair racks up the cost.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Passed the mot today. 0 advisories! Happy with that

116668CB-EAE9-4C91-ABB8-E4B33777CA04.jpeg

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
@Sir_Dave @terryc101

Gents what’s the recommendations for oil for these? Gonna do an oil change myself prior to having it done at a garage next year. Just for piece of mind really. Don’t wanna spend loads ideally as the oil will probably only be in the car ~8k before it’s changed again

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Sorry for delayed response!
I tend to use Castrol Edge 5W30 LL04 as we use it in both the TT and the BM's, so buy it in bulk when its on offer.
Its circa 6.5L litres, so 2x4L tubs leaves a little left over for top ups (y)

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Sorry for delayed response!
I tend to use Castrol Edge 5W30 LL04 as we use it in both the TT and the BM's, so buy it in bulk when its on offer.
Its circa 6.5L litres, so 2x4L tubs leaves a little left over for top ups (y)
Cheers again mate. Doesn’t seem to come up ok eurocarparts when ref entered but found it separately. Cost of oil has definitely went up recently!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Cheers again mate. Doesn’t seem to come up ok eurocarparts when ref entered but found it separately. Cost of oil has definitely went up recently!

Sarah's Dad and I buy it in bulk when its on offer (their TT 3.2/A8 4.2 use it as well), no chance that id pay £55 for 4L or whatever it is normally!!
For comparison, I paid £60 delivered for 20L of Shell Helix ultra Professional 5W30 for the 335d recently :ROFLMAO:

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Sarah's Dad and I buy it in bulk when its on offer (their TT 3.2/A8 4.2 use it as well), no chance that id pay £55 for 4L or whatever it is normally!!
For comparison, I paid £60 delivered for 20L of Shell Helix ultra Professional 5W30 for the 335d recently :ROFLMAO:

Same here, I use 5w40 in my TT

DSC_3356.JPG

Although I didn't realise it had a "use by" date on til just now

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Honestly loving this car just now. In D mode is placid and fairly normal feeling. When in sport mode the auto box comes alive and it honestly feels rapid to me. I’ve been in a few quick cars over the years but it really surprises me how quick it is. Especially on the motorway.

Fitted a new expansion tank and fixed another couple of things. It flew through the mot and I fitted a daft red button. Going well and it’s definitely a keeper at the moment
1FE4B71C-BD7E-4D4B-92F5-4525DAAA712E.jpeg

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Bought some different wheels. These are style 162 and fairly hard to come by (usually found on the 330 se) but I really like them. Also much easier to clean! Also pikey modded the rear lights. Doubt they’ll last long before I take off the stickers.

apart from that it’s running along nicely. Bought a set of interior trim I’ll be painting gloss black but waiting for the better weather
0D731791-91CA-4166-95CE-9121689B89B6.jpeg
3D5181E6-2C0D-402C-97E6-6CE48E793613.jpeg
2511D9F7-3E46-4A46-9AD9-84205B997E56.jpeg
557450EB-6E95-4564-9F08-21082CBFCE59.jpeg
53DFFCE7-310D-45E9-8E5B-A265CA018433.jpeg

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
So your reserve lights are red now? I’m getting the tint as well but with a slit for the original colour, seems pointless not to do it as it looks so dated without.

Did you get black grills in the end? The chrome looks totally out of place to me so changed mine yesterday.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Yes they’re red😂that’s why I’ll not be keeping them long. I have a facelift boot and lights but need the lid painted and quotes are expensive so not sure I’ll ever get round to it, we’ll see.

I actually like the chrome grill, dunno why. Everyone seems to have black grills

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I feel like they are just a generic 3 series wheel. The ones on my car need a refurb and they also have run flats on them and I hate them. I’ll have the mv3s refurbed then go from there.

I like them, maybe not everyone’s taste

Attachments

• CA5BB43F-A48A-49D3-A869-7624F9C39159.jpeg
    CA5BB43F-A48A-49D3-A869-7624F9C39159.jpeg
    126.4 KB · Views: 155

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Wheels are a weird flex, but ok.

What age are you?
I like the wheels. I had them on my old grey e90 330i SE.

The “dish” to them was much nicer than “flat” wheels, especially on the rears.

Yeah the concave is decent, even on the fronts. Quite a rare wheel by all accounts as they only came on that model. They also fetch decent money because not many come up for sale

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
What age are you?

Yeah the concave is decent, even on the fronts. Quite a rare wheel by all accounts as they only came on that model. They also fetch decent money because not many come up for sale

32 and didn't they come on the poverty spec SE?

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Not saying the se is cheaper or not just based on you saying ‘poverty’ spec which isn’t necessarily the case but I think we’re splitting hairs here. I’ve seen SE cars with better options than m sport cars

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Not saying the se is cheaper or not just based on you saying ‘poverty’ spec which isn’t necessarily the case but I think we’re splitting hairs here. I’ve seen SE cars with better options than m sport cars
Alternatively wrong ends of the stick, SE's just look s**t and have crap seats and normally beige as fook. The MV's look 300% better