ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 replacing rear disks & pads

Nick101

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197 !
I mentioned to a garage that I would be doing my disks & pads on the back soon & feeling lazy I asked them what this would cost .

They came back with £440 including parts as they would replace the bearings and abs rings , neither of which are currently faulty .

Should I just replace the disks and pads myself as planned or is there something that I'm missing here ?

Nick101

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197 !
Fair enough , surely I can just replace the disks and pads though as they can be purchased separately ?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Aye speak to @George@RTR_Parts

If you're gonna do the rear discs then go for some solid ones as calipers on the back of Meg II and Clio III are dogger and if they start to bind then drilled discs just crack. At least if they ever start to bind up you wont have to replace the discs a second time :)

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
The bearing is part of the disc. They're around 250 quid for the pair - slightly cheaper to buy Mégane 2 rear ones but they are drilled iirc.

Say 35 quid for OEM pads, so they're doing the job for £155 labour.
Do them yourself if you've got the tools, it's not difficult. Just need a big socket for the nut in the centre of the disc and a decent torque wrench when you do it back up.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
£440😲, they are taking the piss mate. Get George to sort you the hardware and do them yourself, it's so easy even I managed it! For a tenner extra get the spacers that go behind the discs too. When I took my old ones off there were no spacers so I was glad I bought some. 👍.

Nick101

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197 !
cheers @Old Tarby! @YorkshireKyle . Get in touch @Nick101 I'll get you sorted with new discs (with bearings and abs rings so straight fit no messing) and new pads (y)
£440😲, they are taking the piss mate. Get George to sort you the hardware and do them yourself, it's so easy even I managed it! For a tenner extra get the spacers that go behind the discs too. When I took my old ones off there were no spacers so I was glad I bought some. 👍.

yeah thats what I thought :LOL: I will look into the spacers , Cheers for the advice (y)

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Don't have spacers on 197 discs ;)