ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 wont start

Clio 182
Hi all,

Just changed to a cup alternator setup , hooked it all back up and nothing :(
Is it most likely I’ve done a fuse ?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Unlikely to have done a fuse unless you did it with the battery still connected and shorted the live to ground.

Have you got any power?

Clio 182
Unlikely to have done a fuse unless you did it with the battery still connected and shorted the live to ground.

Have you got any power?

Maybe battery then?
When I first connected it all up I had ignition lights but wouldn’t fire , battery was too flat so put it on charge for a hour , connected it back up but now nothing what so ever

Clio 182
Connections on battery seem to be fine, tried a different battery that I know works and still nothing :(
Any other things to check ? Much appreciated

Clio 182
What exactly did you remove when you did it?

Quite a lot lol,
Battery, earth , air filter
All ac stuff
Alternator and pas pump
Bumper and slam panel
Unplugged various sensors

So when I put it all back I did have ignitions lights attempted to start but then nothing , the battery was dead but this new one isn’t

Clio 182
Update!

Today I wiggled a few sensors and tightened up connections and fire straight up !

So relieved , there is a slight squeak from aux belt on start up , does it just need tightening ?

And found this sensor but couldn’t find anywhere to plug it into ? Maybe from removed ac ? It’s on the right hand of the rad as you look at it

Thanks all
IMG_2753.jpg

MonkeyKnifeFight

ClioSport Club Member
  Rusty Cup
Yea Aux belt just needs a tighten up dont go crazy or you could hurt your alternator. If that connector doesnt plug into the radiator fan it will be from the AC as my Cup doesnt have one of those from memory.