ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182... what upgrades would you fit to your perfect spec road car?

It’s all expensive stuff mate, but it sounds like lots was changed at the same time and you end up chasing your tail with some of this stuff.
I can’t abide knocks or rattles. You’re a smart chap so maybe start methodically and work your way through.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Thanks mate, yeah Im less over whelmed with finding these sort of problems now because I have a better understanding of each system and what could be wrong. Still takes time..

Solid nylon rack bushes coming from france should be here this week.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Apologies if this has been covered, after filling the rod with shot and packing the selector cover with grease it's so apparent that the bearing is what is making the horrendous noise. I'm about to order the NMB ABT12 bearing.

The question is regarding to fitting, can it be done inside the car or is it a case of under the car and shifter tower needs to come out and undo the large nut from the underside?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Apologies if this has been covered, after filling the rod with shot and packing the selector cover with grease it's so apparent that the bearing is what is making the horrendous noise. I'm about to order the NMB ABT12 bearing.

The question is regarding to fitting, can it be done inside the car or is it a case of under the car and shifter tower needs to come out and undo the large nut from the underside?
I had to machine the bore of my shifter otherwise the bearing was overly tight. You might get away with just doing it from below though.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
:LOL: This doesn't fill me with confidence... HAHA

@frayz once you take the shaft off is it quite apparent what needs to come apart? Is it held in or just friction fit?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
:LOL: This doesn't fill me with confidence... HAHA

@frayz once you take the shaft off is it quite apparent what needs to come apart? Is it held in or just friction fit?
Shaft knob - remove
Gaitor - remove
Big nut - undo
Slide shaft down the bottom, likely need to remove cat or decat (or undo on flange and centre hanger)
Remove circlip
Tap out bearing from above
Push bearing up and reinstall circlip

Reverse

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Shaft knob - remove
Gaitor - remove
Big nut - undo
Slide shaft down the bottom, likely need to remove cat or decat (or undo on flange and centre hanger)
Remove circlip

Reverse
This. Its all very self explanatory mate. :)

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Shaft knob - remove
Gaitor - remove
Big nut - undo
Remove circlip

Reverse
Balls, this is what I was worried about. Removing the decat. Think this job can be bumped off till after Germany and some good ear defenders instead

Simon1975

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup/Meg R26
When I used my 182 Cup Daily
Cat cam performance Exhaust and induction kit made 193bhp
Fresh cup shock and grams springs
Recaro Trendlines
Sabelt 330 Steering Wheel
15 Pro Race 1.2 with Michelin ps3 tyres
Bms Shifter
Was pretty perfect for a daily until I won my r26 and turned clio into my track car

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
For me the front seats is the main thing. I had a set of Evo 8 Recaro seats mounted to Jon Foz X-Low (not the recaro version) subframes, that lowered the seating position by approx 6-7 inches.

Then I'd fit a 330mm steering wheel, with cruise control panel and spaces to suit preferred position, and a modified scenic shifter or BMS shifter.

Everything else is for looks or noise really.