ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Immobiliser light staying on

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Hi all,

Ive over the past few weeks my 182's being a pita to start. I go out to the car put the key in the ignition and try to start the car it turns over but the immobiliser lights stays lit fuel bump don't prime so the car wont start. If i can trying the car will cranks twice and then stop.

This seems to happen randomly and can be fine for days and then it starts again. often when i park the car up and come back to it a few hours later i get the same issue, other times its fine.

The only way i seem to be able to get it to start but its a bit hit and miss is by leaving the keys in the ignition for a few minutes and then try again and it'll start.

Has anyone any idea as to what the issue could be?

Many thanks

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
Ive noticed when i press the brake pedal i get the fogs coming on slightly and flickering indicating bad earth, Ive had this for months but i only mention this as this evening ive just gone to start the car whilst i was parked in reverse gear, the fog light is dimly lit with the ignition on and the car wouldn't start with the immobiliser light staying lit. I took it out of reverse and tried again and it started,

Could this be down to bad earthing?

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
I cleaned up the rear light connection blocks which ot rid of the fog lights coming on as above. The cars has been fine since and started first time rather than me having to leave the key in the ignition for a few minutes to get it to start not actually sure its fixed it though.

I managed to get it on a clip today and it came back with these immobiliser faults.

NXeQPCB.jpg

EdOX3e6.jpg

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
I cant see it being that as this is a brand new key i had around a year ago and ive just changed the battery to make sure, Ill go try my spare key see if i get the same fault.