ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 ECU in an early 172

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Hello,

So I recently turbo'd my early 172.

I bought a second hand AEM FIC-6 which was sold with a ECU, UCH, key etc for a 172.

Turns out that the ECU is actually from a much later 182.

This has caused problems with the ESP and speedo.

I have the ESP light on constantly on the dash and I also have the speedo bouncing about all over the place when driving and no MPG data given on the computer.

Since this ECU has now been mapped by Chris at EFI I don't really want to get rid of it for a 172 ECU, UCH etc etc if I don't have to.

Is there any way that I can get the speedo to work and the ESP light to go out using the 182 ECU.

I have access to CLIP if its something that can be altered in there?

Picture of the car on the rollers.... just because!

4ccbfba32d2e25e27056165952208722.jpg

Thanks

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Reconfigure the settings with clip..is yours abs speedo or speedo sensor ? What faults are logged.

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
Reconfigure the settings with clip..is yours abs speedo or speedo sensor ? What faults are logged.

I *think* it’s speedo sensor driven from the box and the 182 ecu would be ABS driven.

I get a P0500 fault and weirdly it throws the EML light on in the bottom corner of the dash! [emoji848]

Do you know where about in CLIP it would be changed?

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
I *think* it’s speedo sensor driven from the box and the 182 ecu would be ABS driven.

I get a P0500 fault and weirdly it throws the EML light on in the bottom corner of the dash! [emoji848]

Do you know where about in CLIP it would be changed?

Its in the uch settings, need to reprogram the clocks, follow the workshop manual as you need to take the battery off at one point so the config saves.

2 x Clio 172
I have seen this "change setting to abs" for speedo referenced several times , but no one has actually confirmed it works.
(it certainly doesnt work on my JC5130 (from jc5 128( converted early PH2 Clio)

I am in "southend on sea" with a Genuine Clip and Alliance box (can box) if you want me to change the settings in your Clocks & UCH to see if it resolves your issue

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
details for changing speedo reading are mentioned at the bottom of this post.

Nice one cheers. I’ll pass this onto the guys I know with CLIP and see if they can get it changed.

Its in the uch settings, need to reprogram the clocks, follow the workshop manual as you need to take the battery off at one point so the config saves.

Sweet - I’ll pass on the info and see if I can get it changed!

I have seen this "change setting to abs" for speedo referenced several times , but no one has actually confirmed it works.
(it certainly doesnt work on my JC5130 (from jc5 128( converted early PH2 Clio)

I am in "southend on sea" with a Genuine Clip and Alliance box (can box) if you want me to change the settings in your Clocks & UCH to see if it resolves your issue

Thanks for the info. I’ll try and take it to the guys with CLIP that I know and see if the are able to change it for me!