ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cup - strange scary noise coming from steering - Video Attached

03 clio sport asc
Hey Guys

Ozclio from Australia here with another issue I need to identify what the hell is wrong. Please have a listen to the video below.

I think its a inner tie rod but could be way off. Issue started over night and I havent driven it since as you can see its not constantly like this but only driven it in and out of the garage, had the car on jacks and all seems fine and doesnt make the noise when wheels arent on the ground.

Thoughts Clio Boys and Girls?

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Boot/bush needs lubricating on the lower part of the steering column by the sounds of it, get some grease on it

03 clio sport asc
how am I supposed to lube my shaft? it has a tight rubber seal on it does it come off easy? Should I pry it open with a screw driver as couldnt by hand, Then whats next to i need a grease gun with a pin attachment? and what grease can should I use, I have some CV grease will that do the job?

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
how am I supposed to lube my shaft? it has a tight rubber seal on it does it come off easy? Should I pry it open with a screw driver as couldnt by hand, Then whats next to i need a grease gun with a pin attachment? and what grease can should I use, I have some CV grease will that do the job?

Squirt some spray grease on the shaft

03 clio sport asc
fixed with a little bit of lithium grease. So is this a common problem or a sign of something more sinister at play