ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 CUP and normal suspension - what is the spring difference?

RB 182
Is there a difference in the spring, or just the shock absorber and hub?

Trying to get a pair of OE front springs for my CUP packed 182, but factors are trying to sell me 172/182 springs suitable for both, I thought a 182 had different springs?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Cup cars sit lower as standard iirc. If thats the case they will be different. **They do sit lower**

Do you need genuine? I would opt for Eibachs (close to standard). Or h&r for a little lowz but ride well.

PH2 172
They are mate, hence why I’m trying to go aftermarket. I’ve a really good local factors, but they’re struggling even with genuine part numbers, leading to to wonder if there is actually a difference in the CUP spring?

There really would not have been enough demand for spring manufacturers to make a bespoke 182 Cup spring.

You can get full sets for less than the cost of 2 OE front springs anyway.

monaco 172
RDP have replaced their springs with eibach now.

Always wondered where this leaves us with insurance etc, I have my eibach sportlines declared on the insurance, but if genuines aren't even a possibility then why should I pay the price for a "modification"

dan's cast offs.
i could be wrong but i've got it in my head that h&r made the oe springs? think i've got some 182 cup standard springs but they sit stupidly high on the front.

deanoE30M3

ClioSport Club Member
RDP have replaced their springs with eibach now.

Always wondered where this leaves us with insurance etc, I have my eibach sportlines declared on the insurance, but if genuines aren't even a possibility then why should I pay the price for a "modification"

Once you’ve bought eibachs just paint them black to look OE lol

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Just looked on RPDs website and they sell the Pro kit, they’re black and sit almost standard height anyway.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Still a modification in some people's eyes, but I see what your saying

Oh definitely a modification, but without looking at the springs on a car you probably wouldn’t notice the difference from standard.

monaco 172
I completely agree but where do you stop? 60 year old woman gets car back from mot after repairs to suspension springs, Wright's it off into a Bugatti and the insurance won't pay out due to undeclared modification she knew nothing about.

PH2 172
Oh definitely a modification, but without looking at the springs on a car you probably wouldn’t notice the difference from standard.

Are DS2500 pads or Michelin PS3`s a notifiable modification I should tell my insurance company about?

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
That’s entirely up to you @STEVE.M

I’m sure they’ll let you know if you need to declare them or not.

monaco 172
Will they offer me a discount as I can stop in a shorter distance from a given speed?
Nope, I'm sure there will be a statistic that because you've got improved brakes your more likely to crash, they would much rather you have a set of eicher pads on which are more likely to fall apart and cause and accident the first time they get warm lol

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

ClioSport Trader
  Renault 5
Will they offer me a discount as I can stop in a shorter distance from a given speed?
Hi.
Not sure about that but some of our modifieid schemes do werk out lower than their standard counterparts so you never know.
Good luck!
Regards,
Dan.