ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 crank pulley wobble

Westfield, 182, 200
I've just replaced the cambelt on my 182 and noticed the crank pulley has a wobble!

It could have been like this for years, but something may have happened during the cambelt swap.

Anybody else had this? Or can anyone have a look a theirs to see if it wobbles!

Thanks

Westfield, 182, 200
Only one bolt, but I reckon I've over stretched the crank pulley bolt and have ordered a new one, however it's up to 100nm, enough for the pulley to be centered.

Works for me!

Doesn't look good :oops: lol

I'm no expert so take my thoughts with an appropriately large shovel of salt, but I don't think running it in that condition will do it any good so perhaps leave it standing until you can sort it!

Mind you, I've also read about people buying a car with that issue and then going straight off to do a 2000 mile tour of Europe with no issues, so I am not sure what to do... lol

I'm not familiar with the 182 engine - does it have the crank, then a (woodruff key'd?) cambelt pulley, then the drivebelt pulley on the outside?

If so, that's at least two things that might not be fitted right and could be causing issues!

Have you turned it by hand to see if it is definitely centred?

Westfield, 182, 200
I emailed Mick at Diamond to see what he thought.
Will video it again tonight, pin the crank and cams and take it off for a better look before buying a new one.

Wondered if anybody elses was like this!

Westfield, 182, 200
Missed that!
Floating pulleys all round, why there's so many threads about cam timing.

182 clio
Missed that!
Floating pulleys all round, why there's so many threads about cam timing.
Not sure as its really simple tbh.
Ive read somewhere that between the pulley and damper can get rust not sure tho as not had first hand experience with this issue.
I will keep watching to find out the outcome.
Engine seems to be running ok tho so may have been this way prior to removal.

Westfield, 182, 200
Fitted the new aux pulley and even that wobbles a little!
Fitted a new crank bolt and torque and angle tightened it, luckily I marked the bolt in several places as my mate slipped whilst holding the flywheel!!
Aircon recharged and ready for another 137000 miles.