ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup track toy build

Forgot to post up pics of my new wheel, I found the 330mm OMP too small and flat, so went with a 350mm OMP WRC, it's perfect for me!
7F359528-38AA-4DEB-9322-53098224D608_zpsecxs5pu3.jpg

4537804D-FD90-4B42-B048-BC0ED8A3D966_zpszm2qicpa.jpg

Waiting to get out on track....
F02AE822-C086-4803-953A-A9CBD80066C4_zpsvhqtstfp.jpg

Looks a nice tight track that. Good vid.

I like that steering wheel a lot. Definitely be getting one of those when I change mine. Even has yellow stitching [emoji106]
Seats and steering wheel are next on my list.
Cracking car.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Glad you got it ok. That was quicker than I expected too.
The linkage was set up perfectly for my car but would be interesting to see how much yours differs.

Clio 172
Love this project, inside is perfect imo :wink: Do you mind me asking where you got the boot net? looks like the perfect size?

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Really interested to see if it's worth swapping my Whiteline arb for the Pms arb.
Is that the thicker one? 22mm?

Really interested to see if it's worth swapping my Whiteline arb for the Pms arb.
Is that the thicker one? 22mm?

no it's the 19mm, I went with the smaller one as my car is pretty well balanced already, but interested to try one of these to make it a little more eager on corner entry! Softest on the PMS is meant to be similar to hardest on the whiteline

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Hmmm
May have to buy one. Ive got pms's stiffing kit and bearing conversion to fit to my axle aswell so probably be a nice addition.
Be good to hear your feedback tho

Car looks good, i had an Evo 4 a while back and done a years worth of the MLR track days, i used my clio.

Gear linkage fitted, love it! although the buzzing in 5th gear is already pissing me right off.
Anti roll bar not done yet as the rear beam bushes are shot so better doing all in one go 😧
2AE0591B-CE30-466E-B758-947F781FABFF_zpsa7fxjp7i.jpg

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
Go for it Mark , I love my orange wheels
The shifter isn't to bad when you rest your hand on it while driving (on the road that is)
Worth the noise for the improved gear change

Go for it Mark , I love my orange wheels
The shifter isn't to bad when you rest your hand on it while driving (on the road that is)
Worth the noise for the improved gear change

Yeah your wheels are superb, my black ones are badly kerbed so need a refurb sooner or later :)
The shifter is great, luckily it's a track car that's rarely on the road, no way could I live with the buzzing on a daily!

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Great project mate looking forward to seeing this on track.

How did you come across the stereo control blank.. Would mind one myself :)