ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K20 powered 172

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
If it's going in the wheel well, can you make a removable cover?

I'd feed from the tank into the wheel well (bulkhead connector in the front/side of the wheel well). For the line(s) to the engine, you could just use a bulkhead connector to come through your wheel well cover. The cover could be two piece - one fixed and then an access panel for maintenance.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
All looks very familiar!
PM me if you have any questions. Swirl pot hose routing is fairly straight forward if you are mounting it in the boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha seems the most logical place for the FPR ??
Thanks bud.
Where does your feed run after the Bosch pump? I see you’ve drilled and fed it through the wheel well but running the fuel hose through the car by handbrake etc.

Have you gone over the tank under the car and back in behind the front seats?

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
If it's going in the wheel well, can you make a removable cover?

I'd feed from the tank into the wheel well (bulkhead connector in the front/side of the wheel well). For the line(s) to the engine, you could just use a bulkhead connector to come through your wheel well cover. The cover could be two piece - one fixed and then an access panel for maintenance.

Yeah in the wheel well.

This is defo my plan to make a cover etc just want to do it once haha and not use loads of fittings as it soon adds up.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Where you looking at racing @Chambers_RS ?

Looking forward to seeing how it goes might even be on track with you who knows

Not sure yet wanna get the car done and then I’ll look into what to do with it. Either circuit racing or raid rallying sounds fun.

What you entered in tintops?

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
I always thought that it was best to choose your race class first, and build the car accordingly to the rule book, otherwise you might have problems with scrutineering. ;)

I have been. Hence selling my BYC side skirts as no aero mods allowed other than a front splitter ?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
I always thought that it was best to choose your race class first, and build the car accordingly to the rule book, otherwise you might have problems with scrutineering. ;)

I have been. Hence selling my BYC side skirts as no aero mods allowed other than a front splitter ?

As long as things are relatively generic I think its ok..... I wouldn't be able to get away with my cut rear bumper I doubt.... but thats easily sorted.
I think some even get funny about roof scoops, and drilling interior panels

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Few parts for the weekend job list.

D7079311-39EC-400F-875F-F64904C3EE7E.jpeg
F9EAB8C1-EA1D-4977-8B29-922162661254.jpeg

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Slowly chipping away at the fuel lines

The engine bay is done. Bulk heads fitted and pipes pclipped to stay secure.

F0841E44-D6A6-48C8-A96E-A3F3FA46E29E.jpeg

Need to do the fuel hose through the scuttle panel, then it’s just bulk head to swirl pot left. Need to decide how I’m running them into the wheel well tho, still.

2EA4CD8C-4E0E-419C-82A5-3C25974F1E77.jpeg

Swirl pot etc is mount and I’ve pclipped the rear brake hoses down.

FAF9B574-A7C9-43B3-8493-998F72E56CC5.jpeg

I’ve made the bracket for the bias valve

7D864B42-1AEF-4033-8119-0DBAF37BAB89.jpeg

And as the hi-vis yellow has faded badly, I thought I’d try and make it more my own by painting it Matt red, after sanding and filling a few sections.

134DF6EF-938C-47F4-BFCD-FA614B0F43EA.jpeg

Just need to get some newspaper or something to mask the car off to paint the underneath of it. Inside can stay yellow lol

3EB9259E-BAE4-4A8A-B0F4-3CBDEB05055D.jpeg

Looks good with the bonnet off tho matching the rocker cover, and mirrors will go the same I reckon.

9AB15CAA-9BF2-4730-A9CD-246AB6AC537C.jpeg

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Finally got the fuel pump out the tank

A7289145-5725-48BF-B89A-F6B7222C5404.jpeg

That’s all so far, ordered a few little bits here and there to tie a few little jobs ticked off and decided on another change with the bits on route to me.

Currently finishing the fuel and brake lines, need to research and decide on wiring and everything that goes with that ??‍♂️

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Pinned down the fuel lines tonight. Slowly making progress. Trying to get a bit done each night.

2E2B73A9-E097-4833-BAC1-373809FB5115.jpeg

Also made a decision that if we’re going racing that the manual rack might be to much hard work. It’s fine in track days as there’s plenty of time to think about what your doing and plan each corner, but I feel racing maybe a different ball game. Even being the quick rack from PMS I feel it might be a hinderance so ordered a EPAS column.

656372D9-0007-476D-A8B5-FB505E3AF811.jpeg

What else do I need?

robzracing

ClioSport Club Member
This

And you might need this.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
This

And you might need this.

Ta very much.

Do you run EPAS?

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Bit of maintenance on the daily tonight ??‍♂️

762B151A-9EB9-4CA8-9D27-5A82697E50EC.jpeg

4BF905E3-FAC1-4D89-A53C-B8F23AC98AA3.jpeg

Did a bit on the Clio too.

Brake lines and bias valve positions sorted, just need pinning down.

625D84D7-3E70-447B-8961-D222BB8FB8E6.jpeg

952792CF-357A-4D20-B3BA-AFDC84A2048C.jpeg

And next

DFCC2941-C776-488B-9F66-FB59A9E1192A.jpeg

One step forward and two back as always ?

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
Looking good! I have the fuel and brake lines to do in my car next (twingo rs) so it's good to see other people's.
What's the advantages of epas for you Clio guys and what do the controllers do? Just the twingo has epas

Looking good! I have the fuel and brake lines to do in my car next (twingo rs) so it's good to see other people's.
What's the advantages of epas for you Clio guys and what do the controllers do? Just the twingo has epas

Removes one more thing which can fail and f**k up your life. No more leaks either. More access for working under the bonnet. Less weight in the bay less strain on the aux belt (if those things count).

Then you can manually adjust how much assistance you like when driving. For example you might want full assistance when maneuvering around but you might want minimal when on a track.

My car now feels exactly how I remember it before I had Epas. But I have the option to make the steering lighter or heavier if needed. Very worthy upgrade if you ask me.

Then you can manually adjust how much assistance you like when driving. For example you might want full assistance when maneuvering around but you might want minimal when on a track.

My car now feels exactly how I remember it before I had Epas. But I have the option to make the steering lighter or heavier if needed. Very worthy upgrade if you ask me.

Or you just grow a bit of chest hair, and be a man, and drive without assistance. ? Just kidding, but it does save the most weight, and gives the most direct feel.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Virtually nothing in it! Although the column is heavier, it’s offset by the pump, hoses, reservoir and fluid.
I think I worked it out to being about 100grams lighter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Technically though, the weight is higher with the column in the position it’s in compared to the pump/hoses. But that’s seriously splitting hairs!! ???