ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K20 powered 172

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
New parts ?

1903BE02-22F9-4178-AEA9-1D737039266E.jpeg
AF5ED553-1EB6-47B0-A28B-91C76EBD772B.jpeg
019156F0-7CE2-4183-B346-B8B151730A84.jpeg
054E8D21-30A8-4463-8A97-AD8DD8B63D3E.jpeg

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Your going to be detailing the engine bay as well as the body work now!
What’s the spec of the engine?

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
So engine is nearly done. Just needs the cam cover sealing, timing up, flywheel, clutch and gearbox on and it can be swung back in once I’ve ran some new front brake lines.

Next I need a cage so I’ve tidied me garage and jacked the car up high so I can start the prep for this.
I want seat rails welding in for the drivers side too and I need to finially fit my PMS axle strengthening kit and bearing conversion kit. I have PMS caster tops mounts too but not sure about getting these fitted just yet.

Car is jacked up on axle stands now so progress can start at least.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Rear beam has been stripped of all suspension and brakes. Brake lines removed completely front to rear awaiting a Proline kit from Mitch @Pro-Line Motorsport.

B7F2264B-D7FA-494F-9E73-9C8FAA1C3C5B.jpeg
1214F4BC-91C0-4470-92FD-087C3A235F35.jpeg
B99B5A27-2AC3-49CA-8D52-B0076B6E21E9.jpeg

Typically the bolts that hold the rear beam on on the driver side are just spinning ??

May look at the PMS rear brake kit and Antiroll bar ?.

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
I’ve been looking at that rear brake kit too?
Be good to hear your thoughts on it if you do go for it...also looking forward to the new spec Clio ??
Good luck with the rest of the build..bit of weld will stop those nuts from spinning!!

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
I’ve been looking at that rear brake kit too?
Be good to hear your thoughts on it if you do go for it...also looking forward to the new spec Clio ??
Good luck with the rest of the build..bit of weld will stop those nuts from spinning!!

Cheers ?? Hopefully it’ll all go smoothly and quickly as it’s been off the road since March again ?
Yeah weld will defo help!

I’ve ordered the PMS stub axle kit so will let you know defo. Also ordered shims aswell

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Finially got the rear axle off yesterday.

ECE026B6-CA94-4A6C-8D0C-E40230A529A0.jpeg

Painted the rear calipers

93A6CF57-A06B-4396-BCA7-0B6D16501C26.jpeg

Cleaned the brake reservoir up as I’m still waiting for my proline kit!

7C06B7FB-B58F-4DF5-B2CA-A6C9E75042B3.jpeg

0F7212E8-ED94-4762-BD2D-C5347199DB7B.jpeg

Took delivery of the PMS rear stub axle kit too. Looks a decent kit.

13931379-26C4-4ACA-B11F-5608F04B5C3C.jpeg

9A6F8E08-7DBB-45A4-B66F-50263C003ABB.jpeg

Painted the Volvo alternator mount

55E1EDA0-45F7-4539-B860-B992867D7756.jpeg

Attachments

• 4D43B1E5-CAB2-4519-A551-B29712A5FBF6.jpeg
    4D43B1E5-CAB2-4519-A551-B29712A5FBF6.jpeg
    778.7 KB · Views: 205

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Hope your kit from Pro line turns up. I've seen so many people complain about his delivery to me and just lying about posting.

He did the exact same to me, claimed he'd posted when he hadn't. If you're going to lie about something, do it where the customer CAN'T see when the item was posted on the envelope ffs.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Hope your kit from Pro line turns up. I've seen so many people complain about his delivery to me and just lying about posting.

He did the exact same to me, claimed he'd posted when he hadn't. If you're going to lie about something, do it where the customer CAN'T see when the item was posted on the envelope ffs.

Argh your joking. I was having doubts as he told me the lines were made last week and waiting on the bias valve to land. Then it was meant to be with me Friday and now it’s going to be today/tomorrow. I was hoping it was just me ?
Knew I should of just made my own.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1

Email Mitch at proline today asking for a tracking number and got no reply. Really hope they come tomorrow with no issue.
Can’t believe I’ve had to wait so long considering @Nafoff has had really good service from him from what I can see from reading his thread.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Email Mitch at proline today asking for a tracking number and got no reply. Really hope they come tomorrow with no issue.
Can’t believe I’ve had to wait so long considering @Nafoff has had really good service from him from what I can see from reading his thread.

In my experience Mitch very rarely replies to text so I usually call him. I had my brake lines a long time ago (probably February/March and was not in a rush so didn't really experience any inconvenience. I know he posted something on instagram today of a load of envelopes so hopefully one set was yours

PS, that volvo mount looks lovely...

Audi rs3/Clio 172cup
My kit took longer to arrive than quoted, 80% of the kit didn’t fit at all. The front brake lines were to short, one was to long, the brake line to the hydro handbrake was to short, from T piece to bulkhead fitting was ok, then from that bulk head fitted to the calliper was way to short.

So in all the front kit got binned and I managed to make the rear kit work with grommets.

After me and a few other complained he did redesign the kit but we didn’t get it

Just read your whole thread, awesome work!

Pretty sure I remember your Ibiza from SCN. I was a regular on there a few years ago with my mk1 Leon’s.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Just read your whole thread, awesome work!

Pretty sure I remember your Ibiza from SCN. I was a regular on there a few years ago with my mk1 Leon’s.

Thanks
Yeah I was on there for a while as I had a black ibiza cupra before and still have my K1.

I remember your Leon was mega show car, total opposite to your Clio being a mega track car