ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

K20 powered 172

Clio 172 Cup
Well in chambers mate buzzing for you - that feeling of getting it running!! I will hopefully see you at a track this year - we should organise a day somewhere for all the swapped lads #kswaptheworld and all that 😎 I’ve still got loads of bits to do but the end is near 🤟🏼

Attachments

• EF837B99-3C88-43DA-9176-F7FB04A2F774.jpeg
    EF837B99-3C88-43DA-9176-F7FB04A2F774.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 123

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Well in chambers mate buzzing for you - that feeling of getting it running!! I will hopefully see you at a track this year - we should organise a day somewhere for all the swapped lads #kswaptheworld and all that 😎 I’ve still got loads of bits to do but the end is near 🤟🏼

Are you the chap I had a conversation with about the car at Castle Combe Rally Day?

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Cheers mate I’m buzzing too.
110% mate!! Be all over that!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
not sure - as above 5ft f**k all so if you spoke to someone fitting this description then yes but likely you spoke to a different mike (mike Bowle)

Probably not, the guy I met at Combe was from Bristol and had a white K20 build, but it didn't look the best put together, the black one in your pic looks a lot more up together.

still a list to work through as always 😂😂

Whats left on the list mate?
Such a milestone isn't it once its running, then feels a bit anti-climatic when there is still a list

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Probably not, the guy I met at Combe was from Bristol and had a white K20 build, but it didn't look the best put together, the black one in your pic looks a lot more up together.

Whats left on the list mate?
Such a milestone isn't it once its running, then feels a bit anti-climatic when there is still a list
Teething problems to sort them the
main things left are exhaust manifold and exhaust, then suspension geo and mapping 🤞🏻

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure yet, Northampton motorsport is so close so possibility, or street racers or JCal maybe.

Northampton Motorsport do seem to have a lot of variety in there so I would be confident in saying they probably know what they are doing.
unless those other 2 are outstanding with these engines...

Manifold looks lovely mate

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Not sure where I got to with this.

So I’ll bang some pics up, but main points

carbon inlet was sold as didn’t fit without a hole in the bonnet. Exhaust done. Wiring etc done. New PMS wide track suspension done.
Not finished still 😂

40753383-3D8C-4FF1-90E7-F831EC20DF0B.jpeg
659611AD-7688-4900-AB40-CE5B5D873892.jpeg
C1CA83E5-8CF4-41CF-BA2A-11324299804C.jpeg
5FF06F24-8C66-453E-9EC5-11EF7E1EE629.jpeg
10BB199A-0CC0-4006-A311-A3710F2C5B2E.jpeg
3DE299A8-42B7-47F7-B4EF-9FE7CF57FFEA.jpeg
425F5E17-889C-43E4-9828-0911C7CBCDA0.jpeg

Attachments

• 306B8357-B68F-4718-B24C-247CECFC37C1.jpeg
    306B8357-B68F-4718-B24C-247CECFC37C1.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 40

Ben perry

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup
Yeah abit. Idle is like 2k and soon as I press the throttle it dies. Almost like a vac leak but There’s not. I’ve calibrated the TPS several times aswell
Are you running standard ep3 idle control valve as mine was seized was a b*****d on idle
And mine sounded like it had a air leak!!!

Last edited:

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Yeh mate really common for them to seize.. soak with wd40👌
Mine also siezed from me not driving it for a while. Simply removed it and did the above to release it and it was all good mate

I’ve cleaned it out tonight and it’s made a small improvement but still have the issue of when I press the throttle pedal nothing happens and it dies. Any other ideas I should check out ?

Ben perry

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup
That’s a pain!! on the skunk mani have you blanked all vac ports off underneath? You tried squirting with brake cleaner round inlet while running to see if engine note change ?

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
That’s a pain!! on the skunk mani have you blanked all vac ports off underneath? You tried squirting with brake cleaner round inlet while running to see if engine note change ?

massive pain 😂

yeah ports are blanked off on the skunk inlet. 3 underneath and the breather pipe, that’s them all I think ain’t it?

the idle valve has helped and I got a new battery just incase but it still cuts out randomly and now won’t restart if the revs have dropped of choke.
going to smoke test over the weekend for leaks but it’s so strange as it’s just developed this issue