ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup mods for trackdays

Lancia Integrale
I’ve just bought a 172cup with the intention of keeping as a road car but doing some trackdays too.

Given that it’s a road car, what upgrades if any are a good start?

Clio 172 Cup
Hi mate I just worked through a long list of stuff for my cup, new cup shocks and grams springs, uprated some bushes Induction kit exhaust remap ect it’s a brilliant handling daily driver that doesn’t compromise comfort, oh and don’t forget brakes too ?

Lancia Integrale
Thanks for the response. Just spent the last hour looking though braking options. So far concluded new HC discs and Mintex m1155 up front. Decent fluid and braided lines.
Rear just standard new stuff.
Will check damper condition during MOT and if looking tired will just replace with new OEM shocks for now.
It’s got new continentals all round so will just wear them out for starters.

Should give me a good place to start :)

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Decent rear pads in the rear does help to scrub off speed on track. I know everyone says they don’t do anything but I’ve had standard pads and decent pads in the rear and they definitely slow the car better.
As for what mod for track days..go straight for diff and don’t waste your money on induction kits or exhausts unless they fall off...maybe a de-cat to free up the engine a bit...up grade brakes...brake fade isn’t fun!