ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup handbrake cables

scalino65

ClioSport Club Member
I know that there are loads of threads about these but unfortunately I'm still confused as to which ones to get to fit my 172 Cup. If I read correctly, there's been loads of issues with ECP ones not fitting, so if you want to be on the safe side buy 182 cables as they are a bit longer- is that correct? If so, is that 182 cup or 182 normal?
Would some kind soul be able to tell me where and what to buy please?
Many thanks!

scalino65

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks chap. For better or worse, I've ordered some pagid ones from ECP. I'll see if they fit. I'll be keeping the receipt thats for sure.

monaco 172
Thanks chap. For better or worse, I've ordered some pagid ones from ECP. I'll see if they fit. I'll be keeping the receipt thats for sure.
They won't fit.

Well, they will, sort of, but the outer casing will be about half an inch too short to locate properly into the caliper, but the inner cable will fit.

scalino65

ClioSport Club Member
Hi. Just to confirm if it helps anyone else, I fitted an off side handbrake cable from KTEC. Fits perfectly. I realise that I probably should really have done both, so annoyingly, I will be sending off for the nearside.