ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 NEW MEMBER *HELP*

mk2 ph1, standerd
Hi all

New to the clio scene!
Had many 106 gtis and saxo vts so used to French cars and there problems ??
So far loving my clio tho.
Few things maybe you guys could help me with tho !!
First off when checking the reg online it comes back as a 172 ? Was under the impression when bought it is was a 182. (No spare wheel space and exhaust and most importantly that's what it was advertised as)
Also says Gray on the car check as well!
And last but not least idk if it has cup packs ? It's got climate control and cruise control and white seat belts if that makes a difference and the half leather interior?

Thanks in advance!!

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like a Titanium Silver 182 with Cup packs. As it appears to have a front splitter and cup spoiler. But who knows as there are replicas around..

If the suspension is a Cup then the quickest way to physically check is measure the bolt spacing and check if it’s 60mm

mk2 ph1, standerd
Looks like a Titanium Silver 182 with Cup packs. As it appears to have a front splitter and cup spoiler. But who knows as there are replicas around..

If the suspension is a Cup then the quickest way to physically check is measure the bolt spacing and check if it’s 60mm
Thanks mate will have a look tomorrow!

2014 Clio 200t edc
Looks nice. Definitely get some more pictures up. (Looks like a Fabia splitter in the pics, not a bad thing, most people have fitted them!) also got the bonus of Turini’s!!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Pop your head under the back and look at the rear springs, If they have a red and white dots on them they are "Cup" springs as the picture below.

Cup Springs.JPG

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I know that DVLA messed up with alot of cars and im sure its been covered before.

They have wrong years for 172s and they have 172s marked as 182's and vice versa.

If its on coilovers the only way you will know for deff is to check the bolt spacing to see if its 54mm or 60mm. (60mm being cup)

172_OEfr_3.jpg

mk2 ph1, standerd
Tell me about it ! Going for a full service and a engine mount this week so will set about them after that

2014 Clio 200t edc
it def looks too low for springs alone. As above, once the headlights are polished up it will look even better.
I need another 182!! Miss mine! ?

mk2 ph1, standerd
Dose anyone have previous experience doing this? As seen a few methods online. Would be good to know what's best lol

mk2 ph1, standerd
Headlamps? Just buy a kit for them. I used the autoglym kit fom Halfords. Follow the instructions and Bob's your uncle?.
Yes thank , going to take a run down shortly see what they have! Might as Well so them or doing anything els

Clio182mike

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Nice looking car mate. Those headlights look so much better now. I love the look of the silver with the Turini wheels. It just needs a bit of tidying up and will look amazing.