ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 Inlets - Different?

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Was looking at purchasing an RS stamped lower inlet and upper inlet which have already been shot blasted and painted.

However, not sure if the upper inlet is from a 172 or 182.

My car is a Ph1 172.

If I am correct, lower RS inlet will fit as a straight swap?

But are the upper inlets different between 172 and 182? Sure I read somewhere they are, so I assume I could not fit a 182 upper to my Ph1?

If so, how could I tell whether the item I am interested is from 172 or 182 (the seller is not sure).

Thanks
Ash

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Lowers are the same, but uppers are different for the pcd where the throttle body bolts onto the inlet.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Had same issue after my engine build as went from 172 head to 182 and my matched inlets then didn't fit correctly. One of the two mounting bolts at the back won't line up and ends up with an air leak.

You can use the RS Lower Inlet with your 182 upper inlet no problem.

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
Rs lower inlet fits no problem, just done one on my ph1 end of last year
Ph1 has a different breather system too, this may affect the top inlet aswell as the tb pcv and sensor

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Sorry you can use the RS lower inlet with your current upper inlet, which is what I ment to say.

The 182 upper will be different from your current one.