ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12th March NW Meet/Drive Out (?)

Who's coming

• Total voters

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
I am fairly sure I'll be able to make it.

1. Willsam
2. Niall97
3. JamesBryan
4. Christopher
5. lordyjordy
6. Norbury90
7. aucky
8. Jon.G
9. Ash

AG 200 cup
Should be able to make it if I'm not moving house.

1. Willsam
2. Niall97
3. JamesBryan
4. Christopher
5. lordyjordy
6. Norbury90
7. aucky
8. Jon.G
9. Ash
10. Boffey

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I'll try and make this. I've not been out in too long

1.Willsam
2. Niall97
3. JamesBryan
4. Christopher
5. lordyjordy
6. Norbury90
7. aucky
8. Jon.G
9. Ash
10. Boffey
11. Knuckles

I've just edited the title and poll. I should've changed it to an event but I'm tired so a poll will do

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Is there going to be anyone in a Clio on this meet? I might have to come in the Clio at this rate to keep the rate of Clio's up.

SC Ph1 172 and M140i
Blast from the past!
It's certainly been a while!

As James says, blast from the past! Amazed you still have the Clio after all these years. M140i looks awesome too, what a garage.
We can't believe it either, it's still going strong, just need to use it a bit more! M140 is our sensible day to day car, moved away from Renaults as the Megane Sport touring concept didn't look like it would be made a reality anytime soon :( Enjoying RWD though, but BMW have pulled a blinder making these M-lites, it's clearly a gateway drug to getting an M3/4!

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
It's certainly been a while!

We can't believe it either, it's still going strong, just need to use it a bit more! M140 is our sensible day to day car, moved away from Renaults as the Megane Sport touring concept didn't look like it would be made a reality anytime soon 😧 Enjoying RWD though, but BMW have pulled a blinder making these M-lites, it's clearly a gateway drug to getting an M3/4!
I absolutely love the M135/M140's, such a nice overall package.

Lol when that's your sensible car! What power is the Clio running these days?

SC Ph1 172 and M140i
I absolutely love the M135/M140's, such a nice overall package.

Lol when that's your sensible car! What power is the Clio running these days?
The m-lites are great, like miniature GT cars! Doesn't drive or handle like a hot hatch, but a great all rounder.

Not dyno'd it for ages. Was 349bhp with cams, removed those though and Paul mapped it again. Think it was around 330. Needs a suspension rebuild really, it's not ready for the track again. Might struggle this year with the baby though lol.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
The m-lites are great, like miniature GT cars! Doesn't drive or handle like a hot hatch, but a great all rounder.

Not dyno'd it for ages. Was 349bhp with cams, removed those though and Paul mapped it again. Think it was around 330. Needs a suspension rebuild really, it's not ready for the track again. Might struggle this year with the baby though lol.
Yeah more of a 3 series with the back chopped off really, that's what they feel like inside too.

Clio's nippy then haha!

SC Ph1 172 and M140i
haha, in hindsight I should probably have spent a bit more and got a 335d X-drive touring!

It's still nippy mate! More impressively it's still running, dare I say it, without issue :)

Clio 200 Cup
Looking forward to this[emoji106]

1. Willsam
2. Niall97
3. JamesBryan
4. Christopher
5. lordyjordy
6. Norbury90
7. aucky
8. Jon.G
9. Ash
10. Boffey
11. Stockport Lee

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Thought it was about time we discuss the route.

Anybody got any routes they'd recommend?

Also let's think of a central place for everybody on the way towards Wales where we can meet, a services etc.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Is there an actual set date for this yet? Maybe in the thread somewhere and I might have missed it lol.

12th of march mate.

But what kind of time are we meeting and how far do people want to go?

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
12th of march mate.

But what kind of time are we meeting and how far do people want to go?
I'd say we meet early-ish, say 9/9:30, at Chester Services like James mentioned.

As for how far, depends on suggestions for the route. I'm thinking some nice driving roads and places for photos and food etc in North Wales.

As I say I'm not totally clued up on North Wales so if anybody has any recommendations then we can have a look into it.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
I'd say we meet early-ish, say 9/9:30, at Chester Services like James mentioned.

As for how far, depends on suggestions for the route. I'm thinking some nice driving roads and places for photos and food etc in North Wales.

As I say I'm not totally clued up on North Wales so if anybody has any recommendations then we can have a look into it.

Well if you want to do the normal places like
Horse shoe pass or the evo triangle.
I'd say leave earlier as the police will be about.
Could do
Horse shoe pass, Bala lake then over to snowdonia?

Or do something completely different and go to the beach? We did that a few times in the old days wasn't so much drivers roads it was just a nice trip out that usually ended with some fish and chips. I can't imagine the sea side towns will be busy. But when I say sea side towns I don't mean places like Rhyl.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Well if you want to do the normal places like
Horse shoe pass or the evo triangle.
I'd say leave earlier as the police will be about.
Could do
Horse shoe pass, Bala lake then over to snowdonia?

Or do something completely different and go to the beach? We did that a few times in the old days wasn't so much drivers roads it was just a nice trip out that usually ended with some fish and chips. I can't imagine the sea side towns will be busy. But when I say sea side towns I don't mean places like Rhyl.
Horse shoe, Bala Lake then Snowdonia sounds good to me.

What time would you recommend we meet then mate?