ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Your Guilty Pleasure.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
405's wrong? Probably

405-diesel.jpg

Had never heard of these until i seen one in Tesco last night!

Whats the story with them mate?

Basically, there were about 200 cars fettled by Prodrive to celebrate Colin Mcrae's success at the time, although it was released earlier in the year that he won his first WRC title. It had Recaro's, Speedlines and a rare dark blue colour IIRC. It was pretty much the first 'special' Impreza, before the RB5, P1 etc!
I think they're awesome... mainly because they're pre-facelift and are so rare :approve:

Trophy #490
I did test drive one of these and couldn't agree more, loved everything about it bar the gearbox, i'd happily of had one if they offered a manual version!

In a way, I think they missed a great opportunity with it. If it had a proper manual, it'd have been absolutely great, but as with you the dim-witted gearbox ruined it for me as well. Loved the engine's character and the noise it made! Its looks have aged really well.

I echo the thoughts on estate cars. There's something effortlessly cool about a fast estate. An M5 Touring or an RS6 Avant for instance. Ridiculously cool, even more so in a stealthy colour.

Listerine & Poledo
In a way, I think they missed a great opportunity with it. If it had a proper manual, it'd have been absolutely great, but as with you the dim-witted gearbox ruined it for me as well. Loved the engine's character and the noise it made! Its looks have aged really well.

I love the way they look, I know not everyone agrees but the Brabi Smart Roadster Coupes just look like they should be demoincally good. Of course, this isn't the case but if it's just the power output and gearbox that people dislike, they can have that sorted.

But IRO £17k for a 2-seater 200hp targa is a big ask, given that most "petrolheads" will plump for a leggy boxster or a "only 2 hedges" S2K. Hell, you could get a Mk.3 MX5 hard-drop-top and supercharge it for that money.

None of them would give you a 12,000rpm redline though

As for estates, E55. Looks like a E220d taxi, destroys all.

Really like the Smart Roadster Coupe things tbh. Just a shame about the running gear, as has been said. Also, would probably rather the engine up front tbh. Seems odd to have it mid mounted to me...

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
VW Caddys that look like this, I know I shouldn't but I do.
There's one i've seen driving round Coventry that's as low as low can be and just pure rust, I really like it. :eek:

3932849210_b8fa63d2c8_o.jpg

53 Clio's & counting
Basically, there were about 200 cars fettled by Prodrive to celebrate Colin Mcrae's success at the time, although it was released earlier in the year that he won his first WRC title. It had Recaro's, Speedlines and a rare dark blue colour IIRC. It was pretty much the first 'special' Impreza, before the RB5, P1 etc!
I think they're awesome... mainly because they're pre-facelift and are so rare :approve:

You could also send your standard Scooby turbo to prodrive for fettling.

I had a 1994 uk spec Impreza, which was Prodrive converted - new exhaust and ecu map, uprated suspension (2k on options list) 5 Spoke Speedline/prodrive alloys (£1800 option), 3 door Sti seats and better brake pads.

Only thing mine was missing was the larger boost spoiler, which was fine with me!

Was fantastic, had about 240bhp so not a huge amount of increase, but the suspension upgrade was just awesome, and the best bit was it looked very close to standard, the only way you would know is by looking at the sales invoice!

I miss that car :(