ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Your Guilty Pleasure.

SG9 Forester STi
Most now are sadly complete sheds, they are very well balanced thanks to the layout/weight distribution and a great drive if well maintained but most need thousands spending on them and as always will be seen as a poor relation to the 911 a bit like a cayman is now.

I've been looking for one for a long time now, it seems they reached an attainable price and were instantly snapped up and undermaintained. Oh well, I think i'll just have to budget for a mint one.

Okay, had a reread and I'd add:

The anglia still stands as I think it's out of the norm (drag car pic just used because I love that particular car).
Volvo 480 turbo is a good call and I'd add that I have a soft spot for the Volvo 850.

June189.jpg

Also I'd definitely buy one of these...

fiat-126-5-L.jpg

Mk2 Ph2 172
I don't see any car being a guilty pleasure I love them all !!!

Think this should have been re
Named what old car I would like to own thread ;)

SG9 Forester STi
Old Volvos are cool, I almost asked a guy to buy his 850 off of him (it was abandoned on a long private drive) but then I noticed the moss growing on the inside of the windscreen.

A ANIMAL
Old Volvos are cool, I almost asked a guy to buy his 850 off of him (it was abandoned on a long private drive) but then I noticed the moss growing on the inside of the windscreen.

i agree, i love the 850/S70/V70/C70 - so much win. The S70 only cost me £950 <3 although the 850R has just crashed :/

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I'm not sure if this is a guilty pleasure seeing as it's a 'cool' car, but they're not to everyone's taste,
a bit like an original VW beetle, some people love them, some hate them.....personally I hate beetles.

I'd imagine alot of people feel the same about the Mini.

So much want every time I see one on the road.

1997minicooper.jpg

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
I'd also like a Trabant estate, maybe swap the standard 2 stroke engine for something a bit more spicy.
3604473852_dcc43524b0.jpg

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
The worst one I can think of at the moment is

88cbe89eed4a143a-main.jpg

I used to think these were quite a looker

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
A shiver just went up my spine, I had a Rover 414 that shape, head gasket blew up......twice!!!

Part ex'd it for a nice Golf TDI, felt a bit guilty when I drove away from the garage,
bloke probably scrapped it, there's no way anyone would have bought it......utter heap.

Disastra Coupe
@DaveDreads - I can't see why anyone would hate a classic Mini. They're awesome. A classic Beetle however, god awful car lol - at least the Mini handles, unlike the Beetle. And it looks good!

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I know what's not to love, the Mini is amazing so i'm kind of breaking the rules,
as this is guilty pleasures as in cars that are a bit s**t but likeable.

I guess if i'm being cruel I could say they're small and slow,
but that's no reason to not like a car.

Beetles suck arse!!!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I would strive for the most original low mileage example i could find, infact, i'd have two. One to fettle with and one to keep original and true.

I love GTi-R's

<3

Nissan_Pulsar_GTi-R-625x270.jpg

Attachments

• Nissan_Pulsar_GTi-R-625x270.jpg
    Nissan_Pulsar_GTi-R-625x270.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 63
  M135i
I absolutely love the idea of a Vauxhall Meriva VXR.

An old-biddy mobile with 178bhp as standard? What's not to like?!

Would have to be silver with steelies, a "1.2" badge and a remap though. Driven like it's been stolen all the time.

car_photo_203593_7.jpg

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I used to work for Rover when I was 17 and used to LOVE getting the opportunity to drive the Rover 75. Fecking loved them LOL Felt like a boss cruising in it :cool:

hall.jpg

29889760005_large.jpg

Wooden wheel ftw LOL

rover-75-saloon-petrol_5495153.jpg

Overall I used to drive all the 200's, 400's, 600's and 800's. The Rover 75 when it came out was country miles ahead. Shame Rover was dead by then. So really i have a bit of a soft spot for Rover.

I'd defo like a big v6 Rover 800 vitesse swell :cool:

Vitesse-XX.jpg

Listerine & Poledo
GiT, you just made my good guys list.

Such good calls!

Ant - I know exactly what you mean with the Meriva. They're silly cheap too now....hmmm

may I add....

gt2.jpg

and, of course, a Suzuki-powered
Smart_Roadster_Brabus_05-3.jpg

I don't really get the whole Impreza/Subaru thing, but I'd have a standard, mint Impreza series Mcrae - he was without doubt my childhood hero, and I always wanted one when I was younger. By no means the 'best' Impreza, but my favourite for sure! Wouldn't own one now, just because of the massive chav following, but I'd like one just to sit in the garage.

mcraeaKLEIN.jpg

Some good shouts in here - 406 Coupe being one, along with some old Saabs.

Trophy #490
Pulsar GTi-R. Lusted after one when I was 14/15, and although the love's gone a little, I'd still jump at the chance to have a go in one. It's a car that people would laugh at though with all of its vents, but there's just something about them.

Smart Roadster Brabus. Hated its gearbox, but they're great looking cars and really rather cool.

I'd love a nice E36 M3, too. I know their reputations have been tarnished by chavs, but I do still love the look of them!

My final choice, and probably the most obscure... A Citroen C6!

Clio 182
Smart Roadster Brabus. Hated its gearbox, but they're great looking cars and really rather cool.

I did test drive one of these and couldn't agree more, loved everything about it bar the gearbox, i'd happily of had one if they offered a manual version!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Any fast estate car really, f**k knows why I like estates, I've no need for one.

Because it fits every scenario,you can get all the family/mates/ikea stuff in it and when your done do silly speeds on the way home.

Ph1 Clio V6, Ph2 172
Little grey Massey Ferguson with big turbo conversion and straight pipe. Would love to hoon down the village shop on one.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I don't really get the whole Impreza/Subaru thing, but I'd have a standard, mint Impreza series Mcrae - he was without doubt my childhood hero, and I always wanted one when I was younger. By no means the 'best' Impreza, but my favourite for sure! Wouldn't own one now, just because of the massive chav following, but I'd like one just to sit in the garage.

mcraeaKLEIN.jpg

Some good shouts in here - 406 Coupe being one, along with some old Saabs.

Had never heard of these until i seen one in Tesco last night!

Whats the story with them mate?