ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wwhos ppl had good prices off this year

As above my insurance is due next month so wonderin whos givin half decent prices this yr.. Il b 23 2yr ncb n'1declared crash

haha the short text is something i just seem to do when im using my phone...
Admiral where best for me last year and should hopefully have my renewal price through soon but thought id ask who people might of been getting good prices off

i know was abit of a daft question just thought was worth a try as i hadnt previously heard of some companys i.e brentacre till joining this forum..
Thread can be closed for me now tbh

greenlight dont cover the cup and iirc sky wouldnt insure me for some reason either and yah giggles gocompare 1500 for my 172cup and 1700ish for a MK1 Focur RS go figure

Renaultsport Clio 182
Im 28 with 8 yrs NCB & a clean licence. My renewal from flux is £504 (inc national breakdown & home start)

Most other companies are p!ss takers!!
LV - £880
Direct Line - £850
Churchill - £680
Asda - £1,170
Tesco - £1,988 WHAT THE F***!!!!
Performance Direct - £1200
Sky - £536

All of which DO NOT include breakdown or anything else.

Will give admiral a bell tomorrow

Clio 172 Phase 1
Pretty much the same criteria as me (no crash though and obviously different postcode)

Renewal from brentacre £1545!

Admiral - £829

Pretty insane tbh, going to ring brentacre tomorrow see what they can do!

Pretty much the same criteria as me (no crash though and obviously different postcode)

Renewal from brentacre £1545!

Admiral - £829

Pretty insane tbh, going to ring brentacre tomorrow see what they can do!

yeah i would mate and i think my post codes actually slightly better than Teesside hopefully get a good price as last yr i paid 1600 fc with breakdown cover with admiral as everywhere was more expensive by quite abit including brentacre but im gonna have another try with them this yr

Clio 172 Phase 1
yeah i would mate and i think my post codes actually slightly better than Teesside hopefully get a good price as last yr i paid 1600 fc with breakdown cover with admiral as everywhere was more expensive by quite abit including brentacre but im gonna have another try with them this yr

Mine was 1600 last year as well haha strange!

I'll just ring around tomorrow and report back ;)

1.2 8v with Elephant... £2300 - YAY go me ¬_¬

(That is my current insurance lol no messing cheapest about at the time)

Nick

thats nothing mate befrore the cup i had a 1.2 punto which i blew the headgasket and that was 160 a month then when i got the cup it went up 2 360 a month for 5 months!!! sooo i paid fr 2010-2011 insurance a grand sum of £2920 and that was TPFT and carnt remem the deposit from back then.. my 1st car a 1.2 clio was 1900ish TPFT

BG FF182
Elephant quoted me £310 fully comp for my 182 declaring modified brakes, exhaust and suspension. 8000 miles per year + 1000 business miles, protected no claims. £250 voluntary excess.

2004 iceberg 172
i'm looking to insure my 172 at the end of this month and have found churchill to be quite good, there offering 12 months for the price of 10 atm, i'm 22 2yr ncb and its £850 fully comp for me which is cheapest i've found by £200 so maybe worth giving them a shot

Dodgy one
Flux jsut quoted me not bad again this year,

Mods declared the renewal was £740 rung up and they can match admirals £550- £250 excess,

Brentacre will do £569 with other benefits on it + £80 for throttlies later this year, and im waiting on greenlight ringing back!

edit Greenlight will use liverpool vic £559 + £300 excess usual benefits + track day cover for £50 excess :D

Last edited:
  Renaultsport Clio 182
Just paid £452 to Flux to insure my 182. £350 excess, protected NCB & national plus breakdown cover included.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
bizarrely my insurance has randomly sky rocketed. i have had all sorts of daft / nice cars insured for under £700 over the years and now, with 7 years NCB i cant insure anything for under £1000 a year. a 330ci is £1300 for me to insure a year, ridiculous

Audi S1
It's would be £1,582 for me to insure a 182 now. Bloody ridiculous.

Would love to get a Clio again, regret getting rid of mine!