ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WWDC 2016

320d M Sport
Well. Just watched it. Not impressed at all..? And no new phone announced? Unless that's coming in the Autumn?

Just felt they were scraping the barrel to fill the 2 hours.

What's eveyone else's thoughts..?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I think MKBHD posted 6 times during it... says it all to me. Fall will be the big one.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
It's a developer conference, so, software primarily. No? Autumn is the one you're interested in.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Load of crap.

Only speaking from an iOS point of view......Safari tab view on iPad is nice, liking some of the new notification bits.

But what was all the iMessage/Emoji crap about? And Home?! Another stupid app on my home screen that I can't delete along with Watch, Stocks and Tips.

I was hoping for customisable control centre and dark mode. Hopefuly they might wait for the new iPhone announcement to show these.

They need to concentrate on the countless bugs that are plauging iOS devices currently like issues with POP email accounts, issues with Apple Music etc.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Nothing really exciting but I think that's to be expected these days (for a few years at least) not even meant to be a redesigned iPhone this year innit. Thinking of extending my iPhone 6's life for a couple more years yet!

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
See my above post, the link explains further.

POP is still a thing!?
Just read it. Fantastic news.

No idea why you have to delete though, surely it should be the other way round so you can install if you want them.

As for POP email accounts, I'm using Hotmail.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
I thought Hotmail was being moved to Outlook.com, an IMAP service? I'd check that :smile:
It is IMAP, yes. just checked.

However, still having issues with it, as are many other people according to internet searches e.g. mail not being pushed or fetched through, not sycning over devices correctly, not deleting correctly etc.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
As said, it was developers conference, but there might be a soft launch of some new kit. I haven't checked, it was just something I'd heard.

Nothing hugely exciting, but new iOS always ends up with a few bits that you use and realise are a lot more useful / cool than you thought they would be.

Snotter's
Do we think the iphone 7 will be released in Sept? Renewal time and don't want a 6s if the 7 is due out.

320d M Sport
I think what everyone is saying with it not being announced last night that it'll be announced at the other conference they do. I can't remember when that usually is though!