ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wtf has gone wrong with my pc now ??

It boots up fine & the background (desktop) comes up etc, then it decides to re-start its self :rolleyes: :S

It does it about 3 or 4 times before it actually stays on !!
Why is that ?

Also none of us have changed anything on it, yet we get a microsoft error message saying its recovered from a fatal error :mad:

It says that there was a problem with the 'creative task tray' - what its that ??? I've never heard of it before.

I went into the report & it had two files in it (both under my documents, then temp) I looked bit couldn't find them.

I have deleted all temp internet files, cleared out the cookies, cleared the recylcle bin.
Done a disc clean up & de- fragged it.

I'm using xp with internet explorer (not that that matters)

What the hell am I supposed to do now ??:S

Its doing my head in.
I though it might have a virus, but i've run avg & nothing shows up, also done spybot s&d & it was all ok.

Any ideas on this please???

Civic Type -R FN2
click on start run type msconfig, go to the start up tab, look for something that says creative.exe or creativetray and uncheck it.

restart and see if you get any success.

would be my suggestion. let me know it if works mate :)

start > run > type 'msconfig' > startup > lookfor somethin to do with "creative tast tray" and untick it, then try.

have you set windows to show hidden files and folders?

ex Clio 172 owner :(
Possibly dodgy RAM.

Look inside your pc, if you have two sticks of ram try each one on it's own in turn. If you've only one then it's trickier testing. See if you can borrow one off someone.

I had similar problems on a mates pc and it was the ram causing it.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
also could be a motherboard issue, check the cylinder shape things on it, they're usually quite big. Look to see if the heads on them are flat or not. I get this quite a lot with Dell Machines or not. Otherwise could be 101 things, dodgy ram, or it's shorting out somewhere...maybe even power supply.....