ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WipEout HD

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Had a little blast on this after a session on Metal Gear Solid. Started off a bit "meh" as I didn't really have a clue what the hell was going on. I was picking up weapons and thrusts and I had no idea why, all seemed a bit random to me. It was only when I read up a little I realised that the red X's on the ground that I was trying to avoid originally were actually the pickup's that I was thriving off - a bit like Mario Kart in that respect. Once I'd figured that out and actually stuck at the same levels over and over to get myself a Gold medal, I found myself becoming very addicted.

It can be very harsh, too. Some levels you find yourself finishing 7th or 8th and it can all stem from a split second of madness. Try the level again, and you work your way up. It can sometimes take 5 or 6 attempts but the satisfaction on getting that Gold medal is very rewarding.

It's still quite difficult at times, picking the correct craft for each spedific race (based on the stats, which do come into play) and I'm still getting to grips with the handling and air brakes. I haven't even tried a barrel roll yet, either. I've now got a Gold on every race on the first level, and currently two Gold's on the second level.

Graphically, it's very clever, from what I've seen. Bright colours and the speed is incredible, at times, running at 1080p and a constant 60fps.
I must also mention the sound, though. I'm using a Playlist which I've copied over to the PS3 via my USB stick, which has a range of tunes from The Killers, Lady Gaga, Third Eye Blind, Guns 'n' Roses as well as a variety of others. It's a brilliant addition that you can listen to these songs as you race around, and even more amazing in that they actually vary in tone and level depending on where your craft is. For example, going through a tunnel will give off an echo effect, which I thought was a great touch :cool:

I'm sure I'll find tons of other little features and extras that will drag me in further, but as it is, I can see the hours flying by with this. It did cost me £17.99 (along with the Fury add-on pack), but so far it seems like a cracking little game :)

Barrel rolls are awesome and can give you an extra speed boost,

it does some 'trickery' to maintain the 1080P and 60fps, some textures are 'reduced' in a few frames per second (out of 60) to ensure the high(er) resolution but you'd never notice.

It took me ages to work the controls too!

ps easy trophy earnt by taking a photo;)

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Love this game, always reminds me of the original playstation days.

Great graphics, great soundtrack, great game!

RS Clio 182
Wipeout HD is amazing,id say its the best racer on PS3,just narrowly beating Dirt 2 - probably the best value for money game ever for me,i got it for £11 off the store and then theres the add-on ''Fury'' aswell,which virtually doubles the game size.

Very addictive and the sound & graphics are some of the best youll witness - love playing it with my Chemical Bros. & Prodigy playlists! ''Zone'' mode is just mental - theres a youtube vid of someone getting to zone 75 or somewhere round there :eek:

I never got into it. Played the demo for a while but quickly got bored of it. Quantum Redshift (original xbox game) is a better play which I still enjoy from time to time.