ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Window Regulator Help- after hit and run accident.

1.2 16v 2005
Hi Folks,

I have a 2005 1.2 16v Expression 2dr (leccy windows, no ac -the model just before the Mk3 arrived) and sadly some utter twunt stoved in my drivers door- not leaving details or anything. :mad: Genuinely anoyed as the car was in perfect condition previously - polished religiously -without a scratch.

Not having the funds to get it sorted properly just yet- I went at the dent with a bathroom plunger and it seems to have done an adequate cosmetic job- now looks like a shopping trolley ding rather than the mess it was. I'm happy with that bit for the time being.

However, upon winding the window down (probably should have removed the door card to inspect first... but hey, it's done now) I have a sickening creaky noise & consequently a deeply scratched window. I removed the door card, rubbers & the rest and inspected the regulator mech to find that the welds have failed at the top of the metal slider (sorry - don't know the techy term for that strip of metal which acts as a guide) causing the glass to brush the metalwork of the regulator- thus the scratches.

So, it's new regualtor & window time I feel. The window glass is not a prob to find but looking on ebay, the choice of regulators is utterly bewildering. Could anyone point me in the direction of the right type of regulator?

Hope someone can help

its a mark 2 phase 2 no?

should be this but for opposite side no? hit up renparts mate :) im sure kat or josh would be able to sort you out!

!B)RDSLgCGk~$(KGrHqV,!hsEv1+0GM+NBMMwWHFhIQ~~_12.jpg