ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will this patch lead work or do i need more cables ?

3000GT & RB 182
So i've got the "update list" radio in my 182 (2005 model) which has these cables coming out of it :

IMAG1309.jpg

And i've just bought an Xtrons D714SG (2014 model) from ebay :

mKjXQ-G5iJCRnEXfCePyG7Q.jpg

Which has these connections :

HT1RqpmFR0XXXagOFbXT.jpg

Will the black and white cable-box-things go straight into the wireing harness of the new radio, or do i need some other cables as well ?

Have also been looking at the steeringwheel patch leads to keep the steering wheel control working and found this on ebay which has an Xtron lead :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360849003...eName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

$_12.jpg

Anyone tried anything like that before ? And what cable would go where if i was to buy that patch lead ?

BG182 FF
ive got that exact lead, but not radio... it works... It displays the word "Renault" On the top display when my radios on.

Clock & temp will work. Radio/CD display won't.

Fortunately the two black/white 8 pin female plugs in picture 1 are an ISO standard so will plug straight into the 16 pin male connector on the new headunit.

The steering wheel stalk control kit (not really appropriate to call that mess of wiring a single cable or "lead" IMO lol) would connect in series between the car's harness and the headunit with an extra input for the stalk control lead. The actual additional "patch lead" which is specific to the brand of headunit plugs into the little black box in the steering wheel control kit and then the output plugs into the back of the headunit (typically a 3.5mm stereo female jack just as you'd find on a pair of headphones - though it's plausible that it may be different for this brand of headunit that I've never heard of!).

100% comparability isn't guaranteed and varies between brands. E.g. for my alpine the source, volume and skip buttons work on the stalk but the "back" button doesn't and you can't use those to navigate any menus on the headunit etc.

Also need to check the actual headunit is stalk control compatible. Usually listed in a fairly obvious place on the manufacturer's website/spec sheet if it is.

EDIT: Seeing input #5 is labelled "stalk control" I think it's safe to assume it does support stalk control lol! It also looks like some sort of propriety connector and not a 3.5mm jack as I mentioned earlier (but that's exactly why you select the brand of headunit from the dropdown box to ensure you get the correct patch lead and not one for a pioneer, alpine, sony etc.)

Also, and a very genuine point here, that is a s*** ton of output cables along with the stalk adaptor kit. Good luck fitting all that in to a very small dash :rasp:

Last edited:
  3000GT & RB 182
Cheers for the reply.

Is the dashboard cupboard in front of the passenger seat easy to remove ?

I've installed an aftermarket double din unit in the wife's corsa and was able to remove the entire dash cupboard by undoing just a few screws, giving me plently of access to feed/store all the wires.

3000GT & RB 182
EDIT: Seeing input #5 is labelled "stalk control" I think it's safe to assume it does support stalk control lol! It also looks like some sort of propriety connector and not a 3.5mm jack as I mentioned earlier (but that's exactly why you select the brand of headunit from the dropdown box to ensure you get the correct patch lead and not one for a pioneer, alpine, sony etc.)

Got the head unit and patch lead through today, but not sure on how to proceed.

That #5 label (stalk control) looks like this :

IMAG0119.gif

IMAG0121.gif

It has 4 cables: Black (GRN), black (AD), green (AD), and white (IR).

The patch lead i bought has 3 wires :

IMAG0111-1.gif

Black (GRN), brown (KEY 1), and white (KEY 2).

Am i suppost to crimp these together ?

IMAG0122.gif

And if so, which one is left out (4 VS 3) ?

Frankly, your guess is as good as mine, but I've had a hunt around the internet on your behalf. I'm sorry but I had to LOL at the description of the patch lead on the connects2 website: "Universal head unit connection lead for Chinese brand head units." One thing is for sure, you do need to match and crimp the signal wires and once you've done this you program each button within the settings menu for the headunit.

There appears to 3 types of patch lead for "universal chinese" stuff. One has 3 wires as does yours, one has 4 wires and the canbus version has about a billion wires.

* What you appear to have: http://www.connects2.co.uk/UniversalProductInformation.aspx?id=CTCHINAHULEAD
* 3 pin patch lead installation manual (from connects2 website): http://www.connects2downloads.co.uk/c2/files/InstallationGuides/CTCHINAHULEAD.pdf
* 3 pin patch lead installation video (from youtube connects2 channel - maybe if you watch in 720p you can read the labels etc.): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UhMTbsBtiU&feature=youtu.be
* Neither seem fantastically useful

The 4 wire guide/video is here: http://www.connects2.co.uk/UniversalProductInformation.aspx?id=UNI-JACK.2
And the canbus version here: http://www.connects2.co.uk/UniversalProductInformation.aspx?id=UNI-SWC.2

Await further advise, but for an update list 182 and the normal brands (Alpine etc.) you need to buy the expensive canbus compatible stalk control kit and not just the normal cheap clio connects2 stalk control kit. This may hint at the fact you need the canbus compatible connects2 stalk control kit/patch lead.

Maybe the ebay shop that sold you the xtron headunit knows which patch lead is required for an update list.

Alternatively MT_Audio on here is very good and might be able to find you the right xtron patch lead for an update list car.