ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why i can not get a cheap insurance?

Clio Sport 182
Hi
I'm 37 years old and i will have 7 years ncb in 7 days.
Why i can not get a cheap insurance? All the quotes that i have done the're coming around £650.

Clio Sport 182
Funny enough i am with premium choice at the moment and i paid £550. Te renewal turned up and ....... went up to £649.
:astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished:

Mini R56 JCW 211bhp
Never accept the renewal quote. I'm 33 with 6years NCD and paying £298 for my Clio 172 Cup with all mods declared and covered with an unsettled accident on there too.Try Adrian Flux and Greenlight.

To compare, my 25year old lass just passed her test and started driving with a 61-plate Mini and pays £620 a year with zero NCD

phase 1 flamer 172
Post code has a lot to do with it I believe, when my daughter left home and moved 20 miles away she had to cough up an extra £300 on renewal.

Clio Sport 182
Never accept the renewal quote. I'm 33 with 6years NCD and paying £298 for my Clio 172 Cup with all mods declared and covered with an unsettled accident on there too.Try Adrian Flux and Greenlight.

To compare, my 25year old lass just passed her test and started driving with a 61-plate Mini and pays £620 a year with zero NCD

Adrian Flux is even worst. i did a online quotation came up as £535 and on the email they said oh call us to get an extra 20% discount!!!
I called them went through all questions and surprisingly went up to £750. So when i ask them why, apparently they said that when i did the online quote i didnt put that the car will be for commuting as well. (im 10000% that i did) a butch of scammers.

Yeah another recommendation for Neil at Greenlight. I don't remember how much my last renewal was, I just paid it. He's always cheapest anyway.

Clio Sport 182
ok didn't went well. just spoke with a gentleman (not Neil) from greenlight and he told me that they can not provide insurance for me because im driving with EU driving license.
i never had this problem before....

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Greenlight are great if you live in one of the twelve postcodes they quote for.

Try Sky insurance or brentacre.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Shouldn't be post code. The worst parts/city centre of Portsmouth is only C rating. My car is registered in a B rating, 22, 3yrs NCB and pay £430.

Clio Sport 182
Shouldn't be post code. The worst parts/city centre of Portsmouth is only C rating. My car is registered in a B rating, 22, 3yrs NCB and pay £430.

and you are insured with?

To make thinks a bit more complicate i did an online quotation keeping all my details the same but this time i tried to insure my mates car witch is a Noble. Guess what... Is cheaper to insure a noble rather a Clio 182

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
and you are insured with?

To make thinks a bit more complicate i did an online quotation keeping all my details the same but this time i tried to insure my mates car witch is a Noble. Guess what... Is cheaper to insure a noble rather a Clio 182

I've only ever been with Admiral/Elephant and haggle them down quite well so I may be cheaper than I should, but yours shouldn't be so high, surely.

Clio Sport 182
Brentacre £
Sky £

let us know

Sorted.
Before i go any further on details i would like to say a big thanks to @imprezaworks for his advice calling Sky Insurance.
So the insurance is £400 with protected NCB, £0 voluntary excess, really cheap £60 windscreen replacement, 30 days European cover and legal cover. Also they offer me break down cover for £79 that covers almost everything. Home start, and if i'm away they can take me to destination or home or nearest garage.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
£250 saved, i'd say that was pretty good. Yeah you may get it for a touch less if you spend alllllll day on the phone. I'd be happy with that tbh

Clio Sport 182
£250 saved, i'd say that was pretty good. Yeah you may get it for a touch less if you spend alllllll day on the phone. I'd be happy with that tbh

Is not only the £250.
in some insurances i will had to pay extra for things like legal cover or to drop down to £0 the voluntary excess or courtesy car

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
£50 to convert your license isn't it? Seems a bit silly not to.

Clio Sport 182
£50 to convert your license isn't it? Seems a bit silly not to.

believe me is not the money. today when i spoke with sky insurance for the quotation i asked them if the quote would be any different if i had UK driving license and they answered NO. They said that the EU license is treated as UK. So i cant really understand why Greenlight refused to insure me.
Now the reason that im not changing the license is because when i called dvla to ask what i need to do the change over they told me that in my new UK license will be written as issue date the date when the UK driving license is been issued. This means that in the insurance question 'since when you have your driving license' i will have to say the new issue date and not when really i passed the test which is 20 years ago.

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
We've found insurers hare happy to accept her converted license as held since 2004 when we tell them.