ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What makes a good brake setup

Ok Im not talking about different calipers Im interesed as to why one cars brakes be better than another. My dcis brakes are superb a little give and then its very hard. Ive driven laods of different normal Clios a few 182s and a few other Renault cars and the brakes on mine are better in feeling than them all.

So what make them like this? Its not just me my brother agrees and thinks Ive uprated mine same with my parents I think they suspect Ive fiddled with them. However there stock theyve always been good in feeling and dont ever go to the floor. Ive change the disks one and bads rwice for stock pads and there still the same.

Anyone any idea? I think Im going to bleed the brakes this weekend just wondering if this could ruin whatver majic dust is in them?

Lionel Richie

edde i never changed the fluid in mine until 50K

remember the brakes on the "lesser" model clios use the williams/valver setup, and have around half the power

BMW 120i Sport

After having a 1.2 Clio as a courtesy car when my 182 was in for some warranty work, i thought the breaks on the 1.2 were overly assisted - you only needed to touch the pedal and it was "BRAAKKEE!". The 182 has much more of a progressive brake and better feel; you need to push the pedal a lot more/harder to brake as much.

The brakes on the 1.2 felt like they were designed/setup for ease and I daresay would appeal to women and old people.

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 18 August 2005

edde i never changed the fluid in mine until 50K

remember the brakes on the "lesser" model clios use the williams/valver setup, and have around half the power
How bad was the fluid at 50k? Im on 47k anyway at the moment got to ring next month as well. Ill be near 50k whilst Im there.

Ye I know what you mean that we have good setups but I was driving a Modus 80dci for a few days and the brakes on that are disk all round and bigger disk (it looked at the front (172 setup maybe)). The brakes on that just like every car go soft all the way through there travel intil they get a bit harder right at the end. Mine are a bit soft for about 3/4 inch travel them its hard Ive yet to get the pedal further than about 1 inch I think. Other go about twice that and dont feel like there 100% locked like mine.

Quote: Originally posted by Big G on 19 August 2005

After having a 1.2 Clio as a courtesy car when my 182 was in for some warranty work, i thought the breaks on the 1.2 were overly assisted - you only needed to touch the pedal and it was "BRAAKKEE!". The 182 has much more of a progressive brake and better feel; you need to push the pedal a lot more/harder to brake as much.

The brakes on the 1.2 felt like they were designed/setup for ease and I daresay would appeal to women and old people.
After compairing mine to other Clio courtesy cars etc I know what you mean saying there over assisted. Mine arnt liek that I can use them 100% or whatever I want. My parents dont like the brakes i dont think they prefere the Yaris my brother has which is like other cars.

There must be something happening though if its not just me.

bang - You obviuously havnt seen me Im the human twiglet.