ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is the normal oil pressure for 172 ?

As some of you's guys will know i was asking lots of questions about fitting oil temperature, oil pressure and voltmeter gauges.
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=322832

I went to my local hydraulics supplier today to get a t piece and a male thread to male thread adaptor (1/8" npt - which is the size of threads in t piece and the oil senders --- the oil pressure switch/sensor thread) to use the standard oil pressure switch/sensor port so i could fit my oil pressure and temperature senders as well as being able to fit the standard oil pressure switch/sensor.

So i managed to get my oil gauges connected but i had to leave out the oil pressure sensor/switch as they had no female/male fittings(in the size of the pressure switch threads and the 2nd t piece threads) to attach it to another t piece.

If i haven't lost you's guys by now, i was gonna ask what the standard oil pressure should be on a 2002 Clio 172 at idle with the oil temperature reading of 80c (The oil temperature gauge has never went above this idling) P.s the radiator fans kicks in when it reaches this temperature- i just thought i'd mention it even though its cooling system related.

My oil pressure gauge is reading about/around 10 psi when warm (80c) at idle (i think- i'll get car warm again and check)

And when i first start the car from cold its up around 80 psi :S

• Do these figures sound about right ?
  • And what is the oil pressure at motorway speed (70 mph)
  • And what disadvantages/problems will i come across not having the standard oil temperature sensor ?
  • Will it sent the Ecu all over the place ?
  • Or does it just mean i'll have to keep an eye on my oil pressure gauge as the oil light on the dash won't work.

Last edited:
  Ph1 172
Normal back of hand guide is a bar (14.7psi) per 1000rpm to 3.5-4 bar, dependent on oil grade. Double when cold.