ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is a Glaze ?

I posted this thread the other day
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=316009

I was asking if Megs Stage 2 Polish and NXT Tech Wax are any good.

I got a few helpful replies :)

One thing i was unsure about was one of the replys from Rich.

He said.

"The stage 2 again is not the easiest product to apply and remove and despite the name is more of a glaze than a proper polish, it is the consumer equivalent of things there #7 show car glaze."

My question is what stage in a polishing regime (Claying,SRP'ing,EGP'ing,Collinitting for example) would ou fit the glaze in ?

Before or after claying ?

Or after polishing after claying and beofre waxing/sealing ?

Cheers.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
After...goes between the polishing stage and sealant. more for at shows...For depth shine...But i loe my clearkote moose glaze.

106 GTi
Glazes can become a bot on a minefield as there are pure glazes and ones that also clean and polish

In true pure terms there is the likes say Meguiars Show Car Glaze #7 which is basically an oily product to add more gloss and wetness to the paint. It was intended just to add a really nice look before a show to be put on the paint. Would offer no protection as a wax/sealant would but purely for looks.

Where it gets complicated it you could but a wax over it as it has half a chance of bonding to it, you could not use it before a sealant as the selant will not bond to it. If using a pure Glaze like Megs #7 you could use it after a sealant as technically being pure and cleaner free it should just sit on top of the sealant.

There are lots of other glazes such as the Clearkote range ( red machine glaze and vanilla moose hand glaze being two) that contain all the oils to make the paint look good, but also contain mild polishing contents which mean you can not use them over a sealant, and again are too oily to allow a sealant to bond over it.

Of late there are some newer glazes that allow sealants to bond to them, Chemical Guys do some as do Prima in the form of there Amiga Glaze. I am not sure what there make up is to allow this to happen.

In general the safe use of a glaze is after polishing and before using a wax.

Wash
Clay
Polish
Glaze
Wax