ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

Clio 182 FF
Ragged it across country down loads of lanes last night in the rain, completely filthy now. Nearly lost the splitter at one point and nearly got stuck in the mud in a farm yard at another point.

ESP kept kicking in every time I put the power down so methinks a visit to Mr Quaife might be happening soon...

Fiesta ST-2
Ragged it across country down loads of lanes last night in the rain, completely filthy now. Nearly lost the splitter at one point and nearly got stuck in the mud in a farm yard at another point.

ESP kept kicking in every time I put the power down so methinks a visit to Mr Quaife might be happening soon...

Might want to visit Mr. Commonsense? Ragging it down country lanes in the rain? Of course ESP will kick in.

Clio 182 FF
Should have turned the ESP off only way to drive

Other than when a dodgy brake light switch killed the ESP, I don't think I've ever turned it off :eek:. Even then though in bone dry conditions every time I pulled out a junction it would just spin the wheels.

Maybe I've just got a heavy right foot? :p

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I don't think i've ever had my esp on, I switch it off before I start the car every time,
the last time I left it on was when there was snow on the ground, even then I only used it to pull on to the drive.

The more you turn it off, the better your throttle control gets. ;)

172/1.2/E30
I don't think i've ever had my esp on, I switch it off before I start the car every time,
the last time I left it on was when there was snow on the ground, even then I only used it to pull on to the drive.

The more you turn it off, the better your throttle control gets. ;)

Can't turn it off before the engine is running ;)

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Well I can for some reason, I press the button before I start the car and it stays on after i've fired it up.

Maybe it's broken? lol

Mk2 Ph2 172
Fitted a mk3 rear tray in the boot.... Also ordered a few more things and picked up some ;)

I said I was not gonna spend money on the clio oppssss !!!!

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Opened the door to show a mate the lairy red leather recaro's lol.

Drove it, tried to diagnose rattle, couldn't diagnose, want to sell it after a week to the hour of ownership.. :mad:

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
ripped all my interior out and took it its last drive to its new home at my workshop.

will be breaking it in the next couple of weeks to fund the deposit of a new car!

Was a horrible gut wrenching feeling knowing it will be the last time its on the road..

You want to sell it because it rattles?
If it's a Clio i'd be worried if it didn't rattle. ;)
Ha I can deal with all the interior rattle and things that I know, but this one is coming from nowhere and sound like someone is shaking keys along the floor - must look like a penis when I drive around lol

Have you checked your exhaust brackets?
Only thing I can think of off the top of my head that might rattle like keys/metal.
Yup, all sturdy, can't replicate the noise when not moving, have tried
- rocking car sideways
- open door, jump on sill
- bounce from the boot
- wiggle exhaust up down left right
think I'll have to get new rubbers and just hope they solve it. Is it just the rear L shape bracket and the other centre one? Seen them on eBay like £8 each in the metal bracket already.

Yep, as far as I know they're the only ones.

You haven't got coins rattling around your car have you, maybe in the handbrake cover?

Will be replacing them as a cheap thing to do - even though certain its not from the exhaust! Nope, definately a fluid and even rattle from bumps, as if there is a percussion instrument hanging off the car!

Clio Dynamique+ 1.4
Cliopoly, you never win, you just do a little better every time.

As for what I've done to her today, she's had some duct tape marks removed from the door and polished out, a nice wash and I finished installing my old stereo, which is only going to be ripped out again in a few days, when I pay for the new Alpine I plan to put in. But it's still improved the overall sound of the stock speakers for now!

Mk2 Ph2 172
38c1fdeb.jpg

That is all :)

Rusty Cup
Nothing ive been in another country sat in 30 degree blazing sun for a week which would make it 2 weeks since I've touch the 200 :) I'll admit I'm looking forward to giving it a good thrashing when I get home Saturday.

Listerine & Poledo
I've parked my car at work today.

so, tomorrow, I'll probably be getting smart repairs done to every single panel

Now Sold :-(
Totally stripped down the rear brakes in order to diagnose a slight low speed knock under braking.

Would appear it's the n/s bearing so put it all back together and ordered new discs from Tom at Wests.

Also fitted my freshly painted fuel rail cover.