ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What can cause brake binding?

Shhh
Not on me clio, but the bike.

The bike has 2 disks on the front wheel, and a calliper on each side. When i bought the bike the RH Disk would bind with the calliper, but nothing major to make it fail the MOT. This year it failed the MOT on the binding incase it heats the fluid up.

I took the callipers off to check if one of the pistons was stuck, and to clean them. I give up cleaning them and packed them off to be serviced at a cost of £60. I put the callipers back on, and bleeded the system through. The brakes work spot on, tho the RH binds again. I put the same pads into the callipers that i took out.

I took the bike out for a ride, and if i feel the disks after doing 8mile or so at 100mph the disks are slightly warm, tho not hot enough to burn your hand. (Maybe the same as a warm cup of tea). If i use the front brake to stop, the disks are hot with the RH much hotter than normal.

The disks are ment to be floating on the mounts, ive not checked them to see if they are stuck, also the pads i put in were not new, the wear indicator was gone, tho im not sure if these pads have a wear indicator. I thought it could be that the pads are worn to much therefore not allowing the piston to go back fully as its come out to far.

I thought it could be warped disks, but as they float it could be hard.

Are disks ment to get slightly hot under normal use.? If so how hot, dont really want to run the chance of boiling the brake fluid and losing the front brakes, not like i use them...

1996 Valver
I've got a VFR 400 and even after a good rag for up to an hour, the front disks are only ever warm, they are fully drilled front disks, (must be over 80 hole's)

As for your problem it could be dirt in the r/h break line restricting the fluid flow, I was going to say the master cylinder may be on its way out, but this would make both disks play up, not just the r/h side.

Hope this helps!
What bike by the way?

Pat

Shhh
I got a NC30 dont know if yours is the NC21, NC24, NC30..

Hoses are goodridge, not on for long. Had the callipers stripped and 2nd hand callipers put in.

Bike is a RWB NC30, with Ethos Exhaust and HRC SP Unit, RC30 Speedo... You ever go onto 400GB..?

Shhh
I got a NC30 dont know if yours is the NC21, NC24, NC30..

Hoses are goodridge, not on for long. Had the callipers stripped and 2nd hand callipers put in.

Bike is a RWB NC30, with Ethos Exhaust and HRC SP Unit, RC30 Speedo, about 64bhp... You ever go onto 400GB..?

1996 Valver
Yeah I got the NC30 just wiv a end can.

I haven't been on any websites for the bike, which one do you go on?

Sorry no idea about the brakes if you have changed pipes!