ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What address do you use if you own multiple cars in different locations?

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
hypothetical only
Assuming you had two cars your daily and something else. The daily is insured at your home address but your 'something else' is in your mates house garage somewhere.
What address do you insure the 'something else' car at?

Always wondered if the address relates to the car or the policy holder.
Cheers!

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
The reason for this is:
-You dont have a garage to keep it in
-You want it protected against the elements
-You dont want to keep declaring it sorn and insuring it again if you spontaneously decide you want to drive it.

Astra vxr
Iv got my Astra vxr in a relations garage insured to my address then my 172 and type r in a separate garage insured to my address

WRX
I had my second car at a different address before, the insurance co were told and the price was based on my home address.

PH2 172
[QUOTE="M90SR, post: 10942062, member: 93138
Cheers![/QUOTE]
As long as your hypothetical mate with a Cornish TR26 Postcode is prepared to forward your mail,you may as well insure both there,the address will be checked against the postcode,but not the electorial record.

Ford Mustang 5.0
hypothetical only
Assuming you had two cars your daily and something else. The daily is insured at your home address but your 'something else' is in your mates house garage somewhere.

Always wondered if the address relates to the car or the policy holder.
Cheers!
In this situation we would have your home address as correspondence address and parking address for the main car....Then the 2nd car would have same correspondence address but a different storage address. Its quite common when customers have a track day car that they store elsewhere....We actually offer a specific policy that discounts the two cars. Id be more than happy to look at a quote for you mate if you wanted to drop me a PM with your details.

Kind regards
Neil

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
In this situation we would have your home address as correspondence address and parking address for the main car....Then the 2nd car would have same correspondence address but a different storage address. Its quite common when customers have a track day car that they store elsewhere....We actually offer a specific policy that discounts the two cars. Id be more than happy to look at a quote for you mate if you wanted to drop me a PM with your details.

Kind regards
Neil
Neil, I've already got my track car with you guys. Got any more details on the dual policy that I could potentially include my daily on?

Ford Mustang 5.0
Neil, I've already got my track car with you guys. Got any more details on the dual policy that I could potentially include my daily on?
If the daily was a performance model or even had a modification (like alloys, air filter etc..) then we could quote that alongside your existing policy.

Kind Regards
Neil

Cupra, Fiesta ST2
Even the comparison sites offer a bit to put the address of where a car is stored/kept. Just state the address where each of the cars are normally.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
surely declaring that car no.2 is kept at address no.2 is common sense?
The insurers would find any reason they can not to have to pay out (no offence Neil) but surely lying about where the car is kept could void the insurance on the grounds of misinformation?