ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

West Mids Rolling Road - Saturday 9th of June

secret
Im trying to persuade kate to take my ph1 up there as it will be hers in a few weeks but shes having non of it :( want to see how it does with decent tyres this time

U going to change the gasket or seal it?

There a RWYB on the 11th and 19th of aug

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Gasket, it has a very slight leak but it's from a couple of places, may aswell do it properly.

Flol at your Mrs not letting you boot your car, in her mind it's already hers mate, so you can't win.

secret
Shes havin it in a few weeks so i want her to run. I will be going in the pulsar :D

Shes a harder driver than me, feel sorry for my clio lol

Trophy #240/R33 GTST
Well whenever the next rolling road meet is I am going to have to take the Skyline! Was a bit puzzled with my low figure as its running really clean and smooth just was down on power (200rwhp). Power curve looked liked it peaked slightly too soon and torque dropping off too early as well. Almost as if it was low on boost... I had only recently done a boost leak check so I knew my pipework was ok, plus my AFR was pretty spot on. So GTSTs run as standard 2 stage boost, (a lower boost below 4500rpm). A solenoid is controlled from the ECU which bleeds some air off the wastegate actuator pipe meaning the wastegate opens at a higher pressure. Now common mod it to cut the ground line that runs to the ECU from the solenoid crimp on a ring connector and ground it permanently so you run the higher level of boost all through the rev range. So yours truly performs this mod not longer after he gets the car. It always just felt quick to me! I don't have an aftermarket boost gauge and the stock gauge is rather hard to read. Anyways so turns out i didn't ground it properly (i know i know...)... I just grounded it properly... :evil: going to check what the exact difference in boost pressure is tomorrow as my mate is bringing one of his gauges along so may be able to figure what power i should have got with a rule of thumb.
So now i need another dyno run!

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I will try and get Rob to bring the GTO Might show him the way on the 1/4 mile :quiet: (If he stalls it that is LOL )

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Holy sh*t that makes mine look spotless!!!

At least my dog's not destructive, and on occasion I scrape all the dog hair and sh*te out when it's realy bad,
the thing is I know that if I hoovered and polished the inside of my car it woud be mint as nothing is damaged.

That CTRs interior was f*cked!!! :eek:

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Unlucky!
Luckily we was a few weekends back. ;)

Wonder what car it threw off, someone's Ferrari. Lol

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Bloody hell!! Hope no one got fucked up! So glad it wernt my car because someone would of got hurt!!!! Last time we go there then!!!!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Bloody hell!! Hope no one got fucked up! So glad it wernt my car because someone would of got hurt!!!! Last time we go there then!!!!

They would have public liability insurance...so my £50,000 worth of car would have been covered and Dave's Porsche Boxer (hair) would be worth the same. ;)

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
They would have public liability insurance...so my £50,000 worth of car would have been covered and Dave's Porsche Boxer (hair) would be worth the same. ;)

I think you'll struggle with the whole 'Oh Mr Insurance assesor, you think my mangled up Porsche looks like a mangled up Clio, I can't see it myself'.

If their accessors are anything like car salesmen, they won't know the difference between a Clio and a Porsche. Just ask Evans Halshaw lol.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I going to assume their rollers were broken when we were there as mine should be running 222bhp,
well that's the figure I get when I add together all the manufacturers stated gains on top of 172bhp.

That's how it works isn't it? That's how they do it on ebay so it must be right. :clown: